Kate

33 minutes ago, voteronniegibbs said:

I'm not going to get involved in the politics of the RF, I bailed out of the politics forum for my own sanity.

4 minutes ago, JohnM said:

Me, too. But not just my own sanity. Everyone else's,too.🙂

Are these nice ways of saying you got banned? 😂

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Damien said:

Are these nice ways of saying you got banned? 😂

No mate 🙂  I came back to the forum after a few years off, and wandered into the politics forum assuming it was a sensible to and fro of opinions and counter ideas. 

After less than 10 posts/replies I quickly realised that debate is dead.

image.jpeg.a1e942ea99ea6f406d46936a5bc835fd.jpeg

21 hours ago, The Future is League said:

I honestly don't know who Gail Rodwell is, but that's because i never watch Corrie.

My money would be on Kate having a bigger public profile that this Gail Rodwell and getting our game more column inches

I don’t know, i was told someone on Corrie is playing a RL player, i don’t know how many people watch the show but that would’ve given the game a bit of coverage. 

4 hours ago, voteronniegibbs said:

I saw the news clip/video of her chucking the ball around at Twickers.

All I can say is, she'd be a useful addition to any team as no ###### dared tackle her as she jogged over the try line.

Kate Middleton is thrown into training at Twickenham on her first job as  rugby patron - Mirror Online

Everyone clap and smile as the special one has scored. She has come first in everything competitive she has ever done since marrying William. 

9 hours ago, JohnM said:

In my view, the game will have to do more than "invite" her to an event. If they do not do so already, they'll have to sell the idea complete with all the arrangements, details, etc and most important of all, present a compelling reason to attend, complete with the benefits for so doing.

That's pretty much how it works with royal invitations. (I've been on the edge of some minor ones). Ultimately, it's a combination of what you describe there - although the actual details of arrival etc are then handed over to the royal's people to lead on - mixed with the need for that particular royal to present a balanced diary to the public. So you may have a great event that is perfect but if said royal is already doing something similar too close to that day then it will be a polite request to think again.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

46 minutes ago, JohnM said:

..why don't we move this and similar posts to the political sub-forum?

Aye.... cos however well intentioned the op might be, it's a thread that will always slide towards the political aspect of patronage and the monarchy..... and I'll hold my hands up here. I'm one of those that make the slide inevitable 

Archived