Challenge cup Sunday

Joe 90

15 minutes ago, Joe 90 said:

Any thoughts / score predictions for Sundays game v Barrow ?

I have a sneaky feeling that if Rochdale get the 1st team out, then a close game is in prospect !

Barrow seemed to have strengthened but so have Hornets. Barrow have started very well in the league and the least Hornets will get is to see how far we have come since last season. Hoping it’s a cracker.

The weather seems to be set fair and hopefully Barrow will bring a good following after their mud fest win versus Newcastle.  https://youtu.be/GEqsWt4VPBE.   

Locals on here could explain if  there are any issues with match day ticketing procedures.  https://www.hornetsrugbyleague.co.uk/tickets

We shall have to contain Tee Ritson especially if we are to be in the bag for round 5 (12/13 March).

Good luck to Barrow in getting to grips with the "£100k" ground damage resulting from Storm Eunice. 

There is clearly an issue. The fact that Dale are at home on Saturday and no restrictions are in place for that games tends to indicate that Hornets have some kind of problem. No doubt all will eventually be revealed. We could have expect to have 800 to 1000 and Barrow 200 to 300 means that money through the turnstiles will be lost with only 920 permitted.

:girlwerewolf:  :girldevil: 

I  HAVE NEVER GONE TO BED WITH AN UGLY WOMAN. BUT I HAVE WOKEN UP WITH A FEW

What the heck is going on????? apparently the scoreboard isnt going to be working  no refreshments only on the bar, once the previously named capacity, has been reached  no one else will be allowed in. What a farcical situation especially without any explanation.... Barrow could easily bring 500 fans....can you imagine the outcry if some of their fans cant get in.

Sadly, this bizarre ‘announcement’, without specific reasons from neither Hornets nor ground owners Rochdale AFC, does not respect supporters.  This especially with no restrictions for Dale’s game tomorrow ( and presumably none for their home game with Barrow! on 12 March?).   At the very least, Hornets’ supporters should be informed officially and promptly when the restrictions are to be lifted - preferably in time for the next round 13 March🤗 or the first league home game on 27 March.

The responsibility lies with Rochdale Hornets  to inform the supporters  about anything that affects them on match days. We now have a situation where supporters could be refused entry from the ground after the quota has been used up. How will this increase our support base. Communication is very poor.

1 hour ago, glemiln said:

Sadly, this bizarre ‘announcement’, without specific reasons from neither Hornets nor ground owners Rochdale AFC, does not respect supporters.  This especially with no restrictions for Dale’s game tomorrow ( and presumably none for their home game with Barrow! on 12 March?).   At the very least, Hornets’ supporters should be informed officially and promptly when the restrictions are to be lifted - preferably in time for the next round 13 March🤗 or the first league home game on 27 March.

It does seem strange but one thing we cant complain about under this current ownership is a lack of communication / information / transparency as its never been better. Thankfully these guys came in and saved us from what i dread to think was coming next.

Clearly we had no restrictions in place for the Midlands fixture so something has changed significantly in a short space of time it would seem.

Id imagine with the level of business expertise and acumen in Hornets boardroom they will be dealing with it professionally behind closed doors and will update us when able.

9 minutes ago, E.Thickett said:

The responsibility lies with Rochdale Hornets  to inform the supporters  about anything that affects them on match days. We now have a situation where supporters could be refused entry from the ground after the quota has been used up. How will this increase our support base. Communication is very poor.

And that is exactly what they have done via the statement yesterday?

The announcement is very clearly advising everyone concerned days ahead of the game of restrictions in place for the fixture.

1 hour ago, Athleticgrounds said:

Just tell supporters the reason, not a difficult task.

And if we know the reasons what does that change?

What if there are legal reasons and sensitivities around whatever is happening?

4 hours ago, Excolt 1 said:

There are bigger problems in the world than to worry about what Rochdale afc are up to. Good luck to Hornets on Sunday and I don’t believe for one minute the Barrow coach saying several key players missing. Hornets by one.

Amen.

Rewind 12 months the capacity was zero and behind closed doors due to Covid. 

12 months prior to that the season was cut short and no rugby to watch at all so i for one am thankful and have secured my ticket online so will be one the potential c900 capacity crowd on Sunday.

Lets leave those who's business it is to resolve whatever is going on to deal with it. I am sure when there is an update we will get one.

Barrow a very tall order 3/3 in a higher competition but hopefully we do ourselves proud. 

18 minutes ago, Athleticgrounds said:

Legal reasons? I think Hornets biggest crowd last season was against Barrow? I would expect they will bring around 4-500. There may well be some fans who may not get into a ground that holds 8000.??

The two biggest crowds i remember when the stand behind the posts was open last summer were NTH Wales and London.

I've not a clue whats going on but doubt the club would enforce restrictions on their selves would they?

I am pretty sure within the Hornets boardroom they will be dealing with whatever is happening professionally. Doubt anyone would wish to put anything into the public domain that would be commercially / legally sensitive or potentially damaging.

That is my point, the update tells us what we need to know.

1 hour ago, Athleticgrounds said:

Not everybody has social media, Covid restrictions are over, weather forecast good, it could be reasonably expected that at least 100 fans from Barrow know nothing about any restrictions...thinking they will have no problem getting into the ground...could turn up and be unable to gain entry.

Don’t disagree with what you say but regardless whatever the reason may be for a restricted capacity how would knowing they reason for it change any of that? 

I hope I'm wrong but I think the significance of the non use of the Scoreboard, indicates to me that Rochdale Football Club may just be putting the shackles on, just when we all thought everyone was getting on...the beginning of the end for Hornets at Spotland?..no evidence to back this view, just an observation. 

Archived