Dewsbury Reporter ........ What's happened ??

Therein73

I looked on the Dewsbury Reporter website prior to the Barrow game and the only mention I could find of the Rams was about the Halifax game being rearranged.... I'm sure I read somewhere that the position reporting on the Rams was made redundant, so is that the reason there's nothing to read ??

If that's the case, couldn't we, as a club, submit some information or even a column to go in the paper every week ...... If nothing else, to at least highlight upcoming games etc --especially when we're at home.

I may be off-beam as I don't buy the actual paper, and apologies if that's the case...........

• Like 1

16 hours ago, coolie said:

Simply don't buy it

It's a over priced rag

Full of adverts, and no news of any substanceĀ 

News been news died with the demise of The Press in the heavy woollen areašŸ¤”

Fully agree, it's not been a real news paper for a long time.

I don't know anyone who buys it any longer.

This is the biggest reason to have our website as up to date with information on matches, players and news as possible. This is where most fans will look, not the Dewsbury Reporter.

• Like 2

"Life's tough.......It's even tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

i was informed the other day that, if you give the Dewsbury Reporter, or Batley news " some " information regarding the Rugby clubs,Ā  you would have to pay them to print it , as it classed as a advert ,Ā 

Ā 

• Like 2
"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

• 8 months later...

Think budgets and jobs have been cut as less people buy local papers. Same here in Wakefield. Used to write match reports for my son's rugby team and they be printed with the Sports Editors name on it. Do the same for my running club now.

Whoever writes the match reports could just send the copy to the Reporter by email. It will get more views then.Ā 

• Like 1