1. 1. Who will win?

• Wales Women by 13 points or more
    • Wales Women by 7 to 12 points
    • Wales Women by 1 to 6 points
    • Italy Women by 1 to 6 points
    • Italy Women by 7 to 12 points
    • Italy Women by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 19/06/22 at 12:30

i'm looking forward to getting along to see this one.

Hope the weather's good.

I don't know anything about the Italian's form?

4 hours ago, fighting irish said:

I don't know anything about the Italian's form?

Lost 6-30 to Ireland last week.(second half 6-6).

Previous games - lost a tight one to Turkey and beat Serbia comfortably. Both these games refereed by blokes with flimsy grasp of rules, so hard to read too much into them but Italians looked competent in basics.

BTW, in Serbia v Italy ref was telling players to crouch/bind/set. And they did just that - seemed to work quite well.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, unapologetic pedant said:

Lost 6-30 to Ireland last week.(second half 6-6).

Previous games - lost a tight one to Turkey and beat Serbia comfortably. Both these games refereed by blokes with flimsy grasp of rules, so hard to read too much into them but Italians looked competent in basics.

BTW, in Serbia v Italy ref was telling players to crouch/bind/set. And they did just that - seemed to work quite well.

Well at least their playing.

I wonder how they are funding the travel, for these International fixtures? (Not just Italy, but Ireland, Turkey and Serbia).

It's not cheap to put these games on, when you consider the distances between competing nations. 

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, fighting irish said:

I wonder how they are funding the travel, for these International fixtures? (Not just Italy, but Ireland, Turkey and Serbia).

It's not cheap to put these games on, when you consider the distances between competing nations. 

Good question. I`ve seen Sport Ireland mentioned somewhere. No idea about the others. Probably the players are defraying some of the cost. Maybe treating it as a short holiday. Wouldn`t mind a visit to Crosskeys judging from the pictures last weekend.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, unapologetic pedant said:

Good question. I`ve seen Sport Ireland mentioned somewhere. No idea about the others. Probably the players are defraying some of the cost. Maybe treating it as a short holiday. Wouldn`t mind a visit to Crosskeys judging from the pictures last weekend.

It's a pleasant little ground. 

10 hours ago, Cw25 said:

Wales 22-16 Italy

I wonder? I do hope it's a close game though, not too one sided.

• Like 1

60-0 Final score. I can't remember there being a situation before where a country has had its mens and womens national teams playing at the same time, even if the two games only overlapped by a few minutes.

Wales were too strong for the Italians, who were very game but overpowered. 

Don't know the final score, I left before the end, with it 32 - 0 at about half way through the second half.

The ground is a really idyllic setting surrounded by steep sided, tree covered mountains.

The nice weather made it a joy to be there and a good partisan crowd cheered on the foneddigion.