Where has the Fun gone?

We've had a real issue at Huddersfield over the last few years where the product/entertainment on and off the field has been pretty poor, covid not helped obviously.

So this season, after discussions with the Supporters Association, they've arranged to have local breweries and food places set up a street food festival type thing in one of the car parks, there's also a DJ and a singer and various kids entertainment and games set up by the community trust.

Although not as successful as say, Hull KR at the moment, hopefully it will improve as the summer weather improves.

It's little things like this that sometimes make all the difference, even just some kind of interaction inside and outside the grounds helps.

We can just expect people to keep turning up to watch a game rugby, have a couple of pints and go home satisfied like they did on cold afternoons in the 70s and 80s in some dark, miserable, pit town anymore.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, meast said:

To be fair, the proper Carlsberg, the Pils is quite decent, the actual mass produced, fizzy chemical stuff isn't.

I don't care for any of it, but I'm talking about the basic stadium and cheap pub stuff. I'm not a beer snob in the slightest, people like what they like, but I've never heard anyone like it. 

8 minutes ago, Dave T said:

I don't care for any of it, but I'm talking about the basic stadium and cheap pub stuff. I'm not a beer snob in the slightest, people like what they like, but I've never heard anyone like it. 

I'm the same with Carling!

Anyway, to get back on topic, beer is just one part of possibly attractive a new, younger audience, but as I said, just attending a game and having a pint isn't sufficient in today's society.

• Like 1

Incidentally, if anyone on here is connected with anyone from Superleague or the RFL, or follows the Superleage/RFL on Linkedin you may have noticed some recent posts about the partnership, which mentions IMGs London based Digital agency 'Seven League', so there clearly is already some movement and work being started to grow certain aspects of the Digital footprint.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk