Where has the Fun gone?

1 minute ago, GUBRATS said:

Its called economics , if there aren't enough buying something that has a shelf life ,you lose money 

You didn't answer the Bulls question , how many times have they gone bust since 2005 ?

You didn't answer the kids becoming diehards question.

They aren't. They're doing other things.

7 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Which ones ?

Saints certainly rotate ales, previously having offerings from Robinsons. I can think of Birmingham City FC, Warrington, AFC Wimbledon/London Broncos and London Skolars (I believe Hull KR do too) from memory though as I said above, it’s merely one form of example of getting people into or around a stadium for a longer period, which I don’t think any club does well at all. What suits one club isn’t a one size fits all thing. Some will have more freedom to do certain things than others but it doesn’t mean clubs should do nothing. 

1 minute ago, Tommygilf said:

You didn't answer the kids becoming diehards question.

They aren't. They're doing other things.

If they're still kids 

I posted my own daughters interest in RL ( well Leyth ) only happening recently , it's called personal experience 

Just now, GUBRATS said:

If they're still kids 

I posted my own daughters interest in RL ( well Leyth ) only happening recently , it's called personal experience 

Indeed, listen to some and you might go far!

1 minute ago, Jughead said:

Saints certainly rotate ales, previously having offerings from Robinsons. I can think of Birmingham City FC, Warrington, AFC Wimbledon/London Broncos and London Skolars (I believe Hull KR do too) from memory though as I said above, it’s merely one form of example of getting people into or around a stadium for a longer period, which I don’t think any club does well at all. What suits one club isn’t a one size fits all thing. Some will have more freedom to do certain things than others but it doesn’t mean clubs should do nothing. 

Both pre season games at Saints , last year and this , they had ' Saints ' bitter and some crappy lager 

Is Robinson's ' craft ' ale  , seriously ? , At Leyth there's a pub 50 yards away with a much bigger range of beers , most likely cheaper than the LSV , and full of home and away fans pre game 

5 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

How much did Mr Leneghan pay for Robin Park ? , At Leigh we've threatened taking the corporate to the hotel on site rather than in the stadium , the response was " fine " away you go 

Its not always about Leigh and we can't do things just because Leigh can't. Also well why don't Leigh do that instead of just threaten?

Leigh need to find their own approach. Leigh East is a stones throw away, its not exactly beyond the wit of man to think it would be fairly easy to come up with some mutually beneficial arrangement using their facilities for pre and post match activities..

• Like 1

Just now, GUBRATS said:

The kids at Leigh ( and there are loads ) have a great time 

I've noticed you do tend to make everything about Leigh and what does, or doesn't happen or work there. I think that is foolish.

1 minute ago, Dave T said:

The good thing is bars can serve more than one drink nowadays. 

Yes Dave , but it is a perishable thing , if it doesn't get drunk , they have to throw it away , as I said , there's a pub 50 yards away selling more beers cheaper than the LSV 

18 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Dave , it seems that is what this is , I agree all clubs ( it drives me nuts how little we do at Leyth ) need to do more , but there are limits to what you can achieve , it's a numbers game , get as many in as you can , and then hope you get the % who enjoy going to the Rugby for the Rugby , if your daughter had been there on Saturday with a few of her mates , would she have been bored ? , Maybe she's just too young for it at the moment , my daughter has only recently started coming to games , in fact it was a trip to Perpignan in 2017 that seemed to build her interest , she's now 23 and a season ticket holder , goes home and away when work permits ,up to that point not interested at all 

She was there with her two cousins. 

She's been along to quite a few games now and enjoys it, but it's fair to say that she is more interested in the peripheral stuff than the match. 

But the issue is, if we can't take her, me and my wife don't go. If anything I go if my pal is also going.

So, entertain us and 3 of us go (maybe more as we drag along cousins etc) or we carry on with me and my mate where available. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Damien said:

Its not always about Leigh and we can't do things just because Leigh can't. Also well why don't Leigh do that instead of just threaten?

Leigh need to find their own approach. Leigh East is a stones throw away, its not exactly beyond the wit of man to think it would be fairly easy to come up with some mutually beneficial arrangement using their facilities for pre and post match activities..

Leigh East is usually quite full pre and post match 

• Haha 1

Yes Dave , but it is a perishable thing , if it doesn't get drunk , they have to throw it away , as I said , there's a pub 50 yards away selling more beers cheaper than the LSV 

That's why I suggested cans, which have a far longer shelf life and a huge markup. 

4 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Both pre season games at Saints , last year and this , they had ' Saints ' bitter and some crappy lager 

Is Robinson's ' craft ' ale  , seriously ? , At Leyth there's a pub 50 yards away with a much bigger range of beers , most likely cheaper than the LSV , and full of home and away fans pre game 

Congratulations on that pub, then. They offer something the rugby league club does not/cannot and Leigh RL, most likely, see people stay within the pub rather than getting into the stadium earlier. You see the point of this now. It’s not about ale selections per se, it’s what clubs do to interact with their fanbase before, during and after games and for most clubs, that’s nothing. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tommygilf said:

I've noticed you do tend to make everything about Leigh and what does, or doesn't happen or work there. I think that is foolish.

I tend to give opinions based on personal experience , hence while earlier I posted that Batley IMO ( and most other fans of my club and others ) is the Championships favourite away day , and it isn't by accident , Kevin and his staff work really hard to make a visit to the Mount enjoyable , which pays off for them financially 

• Like 1

Leigh East is usually quite full pre and post match 

Well that's great, an audience already that Leigh can work with and add to. Some food stalls outside, some entertainment, some stuff for kids, maybe a marquee on the pitch sometimes. Or of course you could just say we can't do that.

2 minutes ago, Jughead said:

Congratulations on that pub, then. They offer something the rugby league club does not/cannot and Leigh RL, most likely, see people stay within the pub rather than getting into the stadium earlier. You see the point of this now. It’s not about ale selections per se, it’s what clubs do to interact with their fanbase before, during and after games and for most clubs, that’s nothing. 

The club has no control of the stadium 

Just now, Damien said:

Well that's great, an audience already that Leigh can work with and add to. Some food stalls outside, some entertainment, some stuff for kids, maybe a marquee on the pitch sometimes. Or of course you could just say we can't do that.

Interesting to tell the truth , the clubs has on occasion done stuff outside the stadium , funfairs , various ' characters ' from Disney/Star Wars/Marvel , even Derecks F1 simulator , it rains , every time , it rains , kiss of death , food and drink ? Not allowed 

5 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

I tend to give opinions based on personal experience , hence while earlier I posted that Batley IMO ( and most other fans of my club and others ) is the Championships favourite away day , and it isn't by accident , Kevin and his staff work really hard to make a visit to the Mount enjoyable , which pays off for them financially 

Lovely, perhaps you could try listening and taking on board the experiences of others too

Interesting to tell the truth , the clubs has on occasion done stuff outside the stadium , funfairs , various ' characters ' from Disney/Star Wars/Marvel , even Derecks F1 simulator , it rains , every time , it rains , kiss of death , food and drink ? Not allowed 

Food and drink not allowed at Leigh East? Do Leigh East not sell alcohol?

• Like 1

I know we've got bogged down with beer, but on this point I do think this is where we cater for certain demographics that become a self fulfilling prophecy (if that's the correct phrase). 

Offering Carlsberg as your main beer really is outdated now isn't it? There aren't many places that offer it, other than real bargain basement pubs in towns. Don't we demand better now? I was at the Neighbourhood Weekender Festival in Warrington a few weeks back, the two lagers were Amstel and Moretti. 

It does rather feel like we are treated like the absolute pits at many RL grounds. 

• Like 4

Just now, Tommygilf said:

Lovely, perhaps you could try listening and taking on board the experiences of others too

They have full control of the stadium , a sizeable area inside it 

Bit of a ' theme ' becoming clear here , those with old stadiums tend to have control and can do ' stuff ' , but quite often fairly poor facilities , and modern stadia with moder facilities but no or less control to do ' stuff ' 

Anyway this thread is no longer FUN ,so I'll leave it to all you experts to cheer Dave up , come up with ways to get his daughter more interested in staying in the HJ , best of luck , you'll need it at the moment 😉

Just now, GUBRATS said:

They have full control of the stadium , a sizeable area inside it 

Bit of a ' theme ' becoming clear here , those with old stadiums tend to have control and can do ' stuff ' , but quite often fairly poor facilities , and modern stadia with moder facilities but no or less control to do ' stuff ' 

Anyway this thread is no longer FUN ,so I'll leave it to all you experts to cheer Dave up , come up with ways to get his daughter more interested in staying in the HJ , best of luck , you'll need it at the moment 😉

I'm not even thinking of taking her to a Wire game at the moment. She hasn't done anything to deserve being punished. 

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Dave T said:

I know we've got bogged down with beer

Says a lot, really.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

41 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

what do they do?