Where has the Fun gone?

1 minute ago, GUBRATS said:

Many modern stadia have contracts for food and drink that prohibit ' street ' food , craft beer ( it's what I drink ) isn't popular enough to get behind the bar , it's really not that easy 

Non club owned grounds do

Many modern stadia have contracts for food and drink that prohibit ' street ' food , craft beer ( it's what I drink ) isn't popular enough to get behind the bar , it's really not that easy 

I’ve been to stadiums that have guest ales on rotation. It’s not that hard. 

• Like 2

It's not a one size fits all approach though. Clubs have to find their own angle on what works for them.

• Like 1

Just now, Jughead said:

I’ve been to stadiums that have guest ales on rotation. It’s not that hard. 

Yep, Warrington have sold draught stuff through these portable bars that are no more than a keg hidden behind a trolley kind of thing. 

Every brewery will have these offerings. 

1 minute ago, Damien said:

It's not a one size fits all approach though. Clubs have to find their own angle on what works for them.

Like how ? , If the club have no control over the food and drink sales in or around the stadium ?

1 minute ago, Dave T said:

Yep, Warrington have sold draught stuff through these portable bars that are no more than a keg hidden behind a trolley kind of thing. 

Every brewery will have these offerings. 

So why did they stop ?

4 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Cans of brewdog* are as easy to stock as bottles of Carlsberg that many grounds do. 

*insert your own overpriced pretentious hipster beer here. I like them all 😆

Just now, Dave T said:

Cans of brewdog* are as easy to stock as bottles of Carlsberg that many grounds do. 

*insert your own overpriced pretentious hipster beer here. I like them all 😆

And given the price they charge for Carlsberg , what do you think a can of brewdog would cost ?

1 minute ago, Dave T said:

I don't think they have, there was nothing on Sat, but there was plenty missing. 

So all this is about the HJ making a pig's ear of hosting a sort of I international ? 

Just now, GUBRATS said:

And given the price they charge for Carlsberg , what do you think a can of brewdog would cost ?

If it means I don't have to pay for Carlsberg I'll pay it! 

2 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Like how ? , If the club have no control over the food and drink sales in or around the stadium ?

Clubs can do other things. You seem intent on just moaning saying things can't be done, Bullmania can't be done, food and drink can't be done. On practically every thread you go down this route when you don't agree with something.

Wigan had these issues and so took a different approach and set up the fanzine at Robin Park before and after games. Food, drink, music, stuff for kids etc. Hull KR do what right for them in their situation. Where there is a will there's a way.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Dave T said:

If that's what you want to take from it, sure. 

Dave , it seems that is what this is , I agree all clubs ( it drives me nuts how little we do at Leyth ) need to do more , but there are limits to what you can achieve , it's a numbers game , get as many in as you can , and then hope you get the % who enjoy going to the Rugby for the Rugby , if your daughter had been there on Saturday with a few of her mates , would she have been bored ? , Maybe she's just too young for it at the moment , my daughter has only recently started coming to games , in fact it was a trip to Perpignan in 2017 that seemed to build her interest , she's now 23 and a season ticket holder , goes home and away when work permits ,up to that point not interested at all 

8 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

So now you can for tell the future ? 

You're still a kid , there's plenty of time yet 

I am a wee 24 year old. There's less of my Gen Z lot that there were a generation ago.

Maybe if the "the sport on the pitch should be enough" crowd listened to others like my own generation, they wouldn't be watching in half empty stadiums 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Damien said:

Clubs can do other things. You seem intent on just moaning saying things can't be done, Bullmania can't be done, food and drink can't be done. On practically every thread you go down this route when you don't agree with something.

Wigan had these issues and so took a different approach and set up the fanzine at Robin Park before and after games. Food, drink, music, stuff for kids etc. Hull KR do what right for them in their situation. Where there is a will there's a way.

How much did Mr Leneghan pay for Robin Park ? , At Leigh we've threatened taking the corporate to the hotel on site rather than in the stadium , the response was " fine " away you go 

2 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

I am a wee 24 year old. There's less of my Gen Z lot that there were a generation ago.

Maybe if the "the sport on the pitch should be enough" crowd listened to others like my own generation, they wouldn't be watching in half empty stadiums 

Who has said " the sport on the pitch should be enough " ? 

Just now, Tommygilf said:

No hence why numbers are declining

Its called economics , if there aren't enough buying something that has a shelf life ,you lose money 

You didn't answer the Bulls question , how many times have they gone bust since 2005 ?