Live Stream: Champion Schools Finals (8/7/2022)

On OurLeague from 10:30am today

10:40am Year 7 Girls: St Peters v Malet Lambert

11:45am Year 8 Girls: Malet Lambert v Cas Academy

12:50pm Year 8 Boys: Ryburn Valley v Standish Community

2:05pm Year 9 Girls: Archbishop Sentamu v Ysgol Glantaf

3:10pm Year 9 Boys: Archbishop Sentamu v Cas Academy

4:25pm Year 10 Girls: John Fisher (Kirklees) v Cas Academy

5:40pm Year 10 Boys: Spen Valley High v Great Sankey High

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

4 hours ago, Jughead said:

Is one of these the final that used to be played on the pitch at the Challenge Cup Final?

I think so, The schools comp started some time back with ' 7' sevens for primary schools Players like Joe Lydon started their careers from there

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

5 hours ago, Jughead said:

Is one of these the final that used to be played on the pitch at the Challenge Cup Final?

Year 7 boys is the one that used to be at Wembley.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

I missed the earlier matches, but saw the end of Year 9 boys Archbishop Sentamu v Cas Academy, which the latter won pretty comfortably.

The year 10 girls of St John Fisher have got several very elusive runners and what looks like a lot of confidence in each other. At HT, they lead Cas Academy 14:4.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

The St John Fisher captain was so eager to go and celebrate with her team-mates, she forgot to pick up the trophy and had to be called back! :kolobok_biggrin:

Last match in a few minutes - Year 10 Boys: Spen Valley High v Great Sankey High

Ralph Waldo Emerson

32 minutes ago, redsi42 said:

That last game was a cracker.   Some great skill on show. 

I saw most of the last game, but missed the end. Some good young players in the making.

Ralph Waldo Emerson