Fev away

spanishknight

2 hours ago, spanishknight said:

O'Hagan seems the only one who can create tries, we won't see Hingano till the Dewsbury game according to the Press.

Is that due to international clearance or Leigh not releasing him to the Dewsbury game.

17 hours ago, HaxbyKnight said:

The most annoying thing about the ref, in my opinion, is he seemed incapable of making a decision on his own, and this must frustrate the players when he gives one thing one minute, then changes his mind and gives something else.  I thought he was carp! 

Usually the way with some refs 🙄 

This amused me yesterday

The roof of the main stand at Featherstone was leaking on to my foot, at the end of the match the guy in front of me complained that I should have moved my foot as the water had run from my foot and wet his shirt !!

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Clarence Street said:

One of our party asked during the 2nd half "how come when Fev. lose the ball it's a reef and a penalty to them and when we lose the ball it's a knock on and Fev's ball."

Presumably you replied something along the lines of...

"Steady on old boy, three of our four tries have come directly from being awarded penalties for reefs...and the fourth came driectly after the ball was knocked out of Hardcastle's hands on the first tackle and the ref gave us a scrum".

1 minute ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Presumably you replied something along the lines of...

"Steady on old boy, three of our four tries have come directly from being awarded penalties for reefs...and the fourth came driectly after the ball was knocked out of Hardcastle's hands on the first tackle and the ref gave us a scrum".

Nobody has said that. The ref didn't drop the ball or miss tackles that led to tries that cost us the game, but I think any fair minded fan would agree he was very poor.

5 minutes ago, HaxbyKnight said:

Nobody has said that.

Eh? Literally the bit I quoted clearly suggested that Fev were being treated differently to York when the ball came free in the tackle. Which was a bizarre thing to suggest when 3 of York's 4 tries followed penalties for stripping the ball in the tackle.

7 minutes ago, HaxbyKnight said:

I think any fair minded fan would agree he was very poor.

He was a bit hesitant when making some of his decisions, to the extent I wondered if the rain was impacting on his communication with his touch judges, as he changed his mind from his initial signal on more than one occasion (for both sides).

As is always the case, fans of each team will have found plenty to find fault with against their own team. The laughable non forward pass call for Brown's try (which really looked offside as he was in front of Pauli Pauli when the pass was made) was one of several that went against Fev, and I don't doubt that there would have been a few similar ones York could cite, that's how it works.

• Like 1