England v Fiji game moved to Salford.

Dale are away that weekend so I can only assume it’s cheaper to stage the game at the AJ Bell than Spotland. If that’s true it’s lost income for the football club and a shame for Hornets and Fiji supporters but not an unassailable obstacle. Well done to the Hornets board for rearranging the game and what a shame the town has been robbed of a spectacle and raising its profile. 

Rivalries apart this is a massive Own Goal, my only question to both the football club and Rochdale Hornets is what has changed from 12 months ago?. The match was postponed late on so I would presume all the costs, staffing etc had been sorted out between the 2 clubs. Sposorship was sold out there would be considerable takings at the bars The Fiji community in Rochdale will be devastated. The fact that it's being played at Salford is some compensation but what a poor indictment of our towns sport.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Athleticgrounds said:

Rivalries apart this is a massive Own Goal, my only question to both the football club and Rochdale Hornets is what has changed from 12 months ago?. The match was postponed late on so I would presume all the costs, staffing etc had been sorted out between the 2 clubs. Sposorship was sold out there would be considerable takings at the bars The Fiji community in Rochdale will be devastated. The fact that it's being played at Salford is some compensation but what a poor indictment of our towns sport.

What's changed is that the football club's new(ish) board have decided to take a ridiculously hard-line on Hornets. They could have made a fortune on bar, catering and parking sales - and could have been seen as sporting partners in a great night for the town. But they chose instead to make life hard for Hornets and deprive the town of seeing our national side play our sporting family from Fiji.

The football are third favourites to get relegated from the football league. Get your bets on.

• Like 1

I  have no wish to see them relegated at all.  I just want to know, why couldn't the football club add on say 10-15% on from the original cost of last season to compensate rising costs. Forget the ongoing match to match dispute with Hornets this was a prestige event for the Town of Rochdale. I would hope that the football club puts out a statement of it's own on the matter. As with the other issues we have only heard one side of the story.

1 minute ago, Athleticgrounds said:

I  have no wish to see them relegated at all.  I just want to know, why couldn't the football club add on say 10-15% on from the original cost of last season to compensate rising costs. Forget the ongoing match to match dispute with Hornets this was a prestige event for the Town of Rochdale. I would hope that the football club puts out a statement of it's own on the matter. As with the other issues we have only heard one side of the story.

AFAIK, there isn't a 'match by match dispute': it's an ongoing campaign of attrition purely on the part of the football club.  The issue here sits entirely with the football club. My best guess would be that they did this because they can. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Athleticgrounds said:

When was the last time an England representative team in any sport last played in Rochdale ? Has it ever happened before ? A golden opportunity to put the town in the headlines for positive reasons has been squandered.

19 minutes ago, Billy King's Boots said:

AFAIK, there isn't a 'match by match dispute': it's an ongoing campaign of attrition purely on the part of the football club.  The issue here sits entirely with the football club. My best guess would be that they did this because they can. 

I am purely guessing here, if the football  club put out a statement it will be to the effect that " due to the possibility of litigation we were unable to negotiate with the Rugby club on this issue"    As I say just a guess.

If it does turn out to be a constructed campaign against Hornets, then no doubt the football club's sponsors may like to consider their position. One of Hornets strengths is that they have a very strong sponsorship team, it has to be to cover running 4 teams.

The football club have released a statement regarding the moving of the England v Fiji fixture. Reading between the lines the two clubs couldn’t agree on a fee for the use of the ground. The original “ agreed “ fee must have been no longer valid . The football club obviously thought they could up the ante. Nothing new there.

Going to law is obviously an expensive game.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

5 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

The football club have released a statement regarding the moving of the England v Fiji fixture. Reading between the lines the two clubs couldn’t agree on a fee for the use of the ground. The original “ agreed “ fee must have been no longer valid . Nothing new there.

Wow.... then it's back in Hornets court to tell us what the agreed fee was last year and what the football club are asking now. That will at least allow the spectators of both clubs to make their own judgement as to whether or not the increase was reasonable or not.

• Like 1

In the Rochdale afc statement it states Hornets can leave Spotland from December 1st which really is all they needed to say. It’s obvious this season they want us out. Hopefully this set of Dale directors go before Hornets do. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Excolt 1 said:

In the Rochdale afc statement it states Hornets can leave Spotland from December 1st which really is all they needed to say. It’s obvious this season they want us out. Hopefully this set of Dale directors go before Hornets do. 

Well thank God for that, why didn't they tell us in the first place instead of causing speculation and animosity between fans. It was apparent all along with the tactics they were using, that was what the football club were after. Time to start looking for a new ground. Sad really.

3 minutes ago, Athleticgrounds said:

Well thank God for that, why didn't they tell us in the first place instead of causing speculation and animosity between fans. It was apparent all along with the tactics they were using, that was what the football club were after. Time to start looking for a new ground. Sad really.

Like I said the other day “ Actions Speak Louder Than Words “. I didn’t need telling, it was that obvious.

17 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Like I said the other day “ Actions Speak Louder Than Words “. I didn’t need telling, it was that obvious.

To be fair the Football Club has stated that no agreement regarding costs was ever set out last year for the original fixture, so no comparison can be made on the current costs, surely that is something Hornets should have agreed on 12 months ago.

3 hours ago, Billy King's Boots said:

What's changed is that the football club's new(ish) board have decided to take a ridiculously hard-line on Hornets. They could have made a fortune on bar, catering and parking sales - and could have been seen as sporting partners in a great night for the town. But they chose instead to make life hard for Hornets and deprive the town of seeing our national side play our sporting family from Fiji.

The football are third favourites to get relegated from the football league. Get your bets on.

They will get relegated from the FL. I will party when they do. 

This sort of thing is not going to end well. I was going to come when Oldham played Rochdale.Found out it was all ticket,could not be bothered with the nonsense of a cap on attending when 3/4 of the ground was empty.Stayed away.Now we have this.

There have been enough examples of this behavior.Bradford kicked out motorsports and ended up playing at Dewsbury.Eventually the motorsports went back and so did the Bulls.Then we have Oldham.Do I need to say anymore?

If RAFC boot out the Hornets from spotland and make them nomadic,both clubs will suffer and fade away.The soccer club will be the next Bury and Hornets will end up probably in a worse state than Oldham.

I doesn't matter who is responsible you cannot turn revenue away,case closed.

33 minutes ago, Athleticgrounds said:

Other issues you can argue about, but England v Fiji failure, from the perspective of the football club statement looks down to Hornets.

The statements says a lot but it doesn’t tell us much we didn’t already know. There’s nothing really said that wasn’t in the public domain back when the lease was agreed several years ago.

It doesn’t answer why Hornets have been prevented from getting payment from car parking.

It doesn’t answer why fans have to be crammed into 1/8th of the ground. At the Oldham game a disabled Oldham fan had to be found a seat in their Directors box because he couldn’t get a suitable seat in the sold out stand.

It doesn’t answer why Hornets memorabilia has been allegedly removed from the display cases in the main stand corridor.

• Like 1

When you look into the statement from the football club, we simply didn't dot the I's and cross the T's regarding the Fiji match.

Ok. Fine 're the Fiji match. The football club are being spiteful towards the Hornets in other ways.And I absolutely hate them because of the way they were over the Bury situation. I have always classed them as fourth division no hopers. Soon they will be in the non league paper !.

When you look into the statement from the football club, we simply didn't dot the I's and cross the T's regarding the Fiji match.

I suppose we thought that even the football club would see the benefit of bringing the England v Fiji game to Rochdale. However their new board obviously had other ideas about what is good for the town.