Brian McDermott.......Gone!!

1 hour ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

So you're predicting we'll make the play-offs with a first-round bye again, and be 2 games from SL? That's hardly the apocalypse is it?

It's ironic isn't it.  Any coach would take that at the start of the season. If the new coach does emulate it he will be a contender for Coach of the season. 

It's all about conception.

• Like 1

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

2 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

So you're predicting we'll make the play-offs with a first-round bye again, and be 2 games from SL? That's hardly the apocalypse is it

I’m sure it wasn’t a team goal at the beginning of 2022 was it? Be poor defensively, lose 3 times to Batley and not even make the GF.

3 minutes ago, binosh said:

I’m sure it wasn’t a team goal at the beginning of 2022 was it? Be poor defensively, lose 3 times to Batley and not even make the GF.

No but you were questioning the re-signing of a lot of this year's squad, as if the answer to not reaching the final was just to make wholesale changes amongst the playing personnel.

The club has taken swift action in removing the coach. But you seem to think that it's worrying that we have recently announced so many re-signings, so how about some affordable and available suggestions of who we should sign who would be upgrades on Kheirallah, Leilua, Springer, Kopczak, Moors, Davies, Hall?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

appointed assistant coach at the Newcastle Knights in the NRL - haven't those poor fans suffered enough?

He'll fit in well , the Aussies know everything about everything as well 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

appointed assistant coach at the Newcastle Knights in the NRL - haven't those poor fans suffered enough?

It's a pretty brave move - if Adam O'Brien loses a few early matches, he's likely to be the first Head Coach to get axed next season Down Under, he's on really thin ice

With Manly inexplicably firing Hasler yesterday, a load of club chairman are thinking "I must fire my bloke first, so I can get Des before the next basket-case club can". People with a poor 2022 season won't get long whilst he's free. 

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

1 hour ago, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

It's a pretty brave move - if Adam O'Brien loses a few early matches, he's likely to be the first Head Coach to get axed next season Down Under, he's on really thin ice

With Manly inexplicably firing Hasler yesterday, a load of club chairman are thinking "I must fire my bloke first, so I can get Des before the next basket-case club can". People with a poor 2022 season won't get long whilst he's free. 

Des for the wire? just a thought!

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

47 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

Des for the wire? just a thought!

I’d love to watch the Sky Sports crew try and get some answers out of him in post-match interviews, that’d be worth the price of subscription alone… and that’s before we get to the possibility of watching him rip the dressing room door off on the in-room cameras they have… 

😂😂😂😂😂

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?