2022 MEA Championship

With those two countries (South Africa and Morocco) taking part along with Lebanon the tournament begins to look more and more interesting all the time.

Lot's to be cheerful about and I hope, it will give a boost to the development of the game in those countries and throughout MEA countries. 

4 hours ago, fighting irish said:

With those two countries (South Africa and Morocco) taking part along with Lebanon the tournament begins to look more and more interesting all the time.

Lot's to be cheerful about and I hope, it will give a boost to the development of the game in those countries and throughout MEA countries. 

None of those countries are playing in this tournament.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gomersall said:

None of those countries are playing in this tournament.

1 hour ago, Number 16 said:

I think he was referring to the future.

Yes, I was projecting forward a bit.

I wonder why they are not taking part?

It is of course a huge continent (Africa) and the cost might be prohibitive for fledgling organisations.

Same old problem, the world over.

I just hope they can keep building a bit at a time.  

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, fighting irish said:

It is of course a huge continent (Africa) and the cost might be prohibitive for fledgling organisations.

Same old problem, the world over.

I just hope they can keep building a bit at a time.  

Apologies, I misread your post.

I really hope that if the IRL get any kind of reasonable bounty from this coming WC that they invest in the future of MEA, where you'd get so much more bang for your buck! A target of establishing a dozen clubs, with juniors etc in each of six or so nations wouldn't, or shouldn't, be beyond achieving. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fighting irish said:

South Africa have mostly been looking inward, trying to grow the domestic game, rather than going for the international scene. It's their choice to make but, should things go well at home, I hope they will look further abroad soon.

• Like 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

8 hours ago, Futtocks said:

South Africa have mostly been looking inward, trying to grow the domestic game, rather than going for the international scene. It's their choice to make but, should things go well at home, I hope they will look further abroad soon.

That's possibly a sensible approach particularly given RSA's relative isolation and the costs associated with international fixtures.

But I guess the question is just how big an attraction to playing the game is the opportunity to represent your country at international level.  

9 hours ago, Futtocks said:

South Africa are completing in this tournament they and Lebanon are already In the next stage. The winner of this tournament will play them for a World Cup spot.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1