Combined PI team

As I've just posted on the E v S thread 

For me a combined PI team would generally be the Kumul's supplying the 6/7/9 s , the Bati's the outside backs with the Tongans and Samoans filling the big lads in the middle 

Maybe those with better knowledge of the individuals than me could put some names to the numbers from this WC ?

IMO from this WC it would look something like this:

1. Sunia Turuva (Fiji)
2. Brian To'o (Samoa)
3. Justin Olam (PNG)
4. Siosifa Talakai (Tonga), Stephen Crichton (Samoa)
5. Daniel Tupou (Tonga), Joseph Sua'ali'i (Samoa), Alex Johnston (PNG), Maika Sivo (Fiji), Sione Katoa (Tonga)
6. Jarome Luai (Samoa)
7. Tui Lolohea (Tonga), Lachlan Lam (PNG)
8. Addin Fonua-Blake (Tonga)
9. Api Koroisau (Fiji)
10. Sio Siua Taukeiaho (Tonga) 
11. Viliame Kikau (Fiji)
12. Haumole Olakau'atu (Tonga)
13. Jason Taumalolo (Tonga)
14. Edwin Ipape (PNG)
15. Keaon Koloamatangi (Tonga)
16. Junior Paulo (Samoa)
17. David Fifita (Tonga)

In the forwards you could interchange the likes of Tevita Tatola (Tonga), Felise Kaufusi (Tonga), Tui Kamikamica (Fiji) with some of those above and not find much argument from me either.

I think the nations would want to keep their proud identities, certainly for world cups, but could there be some mileage in the pacific islands touring (as GB did the other year) or playing in a 4 (or more??) nations tournament? There would be a similarity to West Indies at cricket. My worry would be the ability of RL to market the concept so it rises above the Combined Nations or Other Nationalities damp squibs of the past.

Edited by north yorks trinity
mis-typing

25 minutes ago, north yorks trinity said:

I think the nations would want to keep their proud identities, certainly for world cups, but could there be some mileage in the pacific islands touring (as GB did the other year) or playing in a 4 (or more??) nations tournament? There would be a similarity to West Indies at cricket. My worry would be the ability of RL to market the concept so it rises about the Combined Nations or Other Nationalities damp squibs of the past.

I wasn't advocating them playing as a team , just how I see the various nations having different historical strengths in different positions 

As for them playing ? , Well perhaps as a 4th team in a Southern Hemisphere 4 Nations tournament , might scare the other 3 ? 😉

7 hours ago, north yorks trinity said:

I think the nations would want to keep their proud identities, certainly for world cups, but could there be some mileage in the pacific islands touring (as GB did the other year) or playing in a 4 (or more??) nations tournament? There would be a similarity to West Indies at cricket. My worry would be the ability of RL to market the concept so it rises above the Combined Nations or Other Nationalities damp squibs of the past.

It's already failed in union.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)