Shirt sponsor.

It is fascinating and somewhat depressing to see the sentiment quickly change on the Leigh FB page. Many now seem to have drunk the Kool Aid … and actually believe a new sponsor came out of the blue and dropped hundreds of thousands of pounds on the club simply on the strength of the rebrand. Even though it turns out that its (I think) an existing sponsor and at least one of the owners is originally from Leigh - last year they had a box. It’s not as though it’s a blue chip household name - and how they plan to earn a return on their investment beats me. 

Whatever, it doesn’t alter the fact that this was the most diabolically amateur rebrand in the memory of man.  Many are happy to sell their soul, it seems, as well as swallow as many large porky pies as are served up. 

• Like 7

8 hours ago, Martyn Sadler said:

And Leigh are laughing all the way to the bank, while, for some reason, you seem to be obsessing on jaguars' anuses.

Is this like when, as covered by dutifully echoed by the RL media at the time, Leigh had got Emirates on board as a sponsor and that *must* be worth a few million?

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Just now, Chrispmartha said:

I do think the shirt could be the one thing that is a wind up to be honest.

I guess once the website is working we might find out.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Do I like the shirt? No. 
I will still be there next season irrespective of the shirt they play in to watch the great additions we have made to an already strong squad. 
I couldn’t care less if I see a picture of a leapords anus on the back of Edwin Ipape as he’s ripping up the middle of the park. I will even be taking my son to join to join the Junior Leopards and buying a monthly package for me. My 12 year old daughter thinks the shirt is fantastic.

This time last year Toulouse limped into SL with zero ambition so I’m glad my club has listened to IMG and tried to change things up and show some ambition to be a Cat A club early, apparently IMG and the RFL signed all this off anyway.

Im sure some RL fans don’t want the game to Evolve, don’t want a better Sky deal, don’t want IMG to succeed just so they can sit on here and moan, talk about all the negatives and try to look smart. 

I don’t particularly like the way Derek does things but at least he’s showing some sort of ambition and trying to improve things and I can respect that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, binosh said:

Do I like the shirt? No. 
I will still be there next season irrespective of the shirt they play in to watch the great additions we have made to an already strong squad. 
I couldn’t care less if I see a picture of a leapords anus on the back of Edwin Ipape as he’s ripping up the middle of the park. I will even be taking my son to join to join the Junior Leopards and buying a monthly package for me. My 12 year old daughter thinks the shirt is fantastic.

This time last year Toulouse limped into SL with zero ambition so I’m glad my club has listened to IMG and tried to change things up and show some ambition to be a Cat A club early, apparently IMG and the RFL signed all this off anyway.

Im sure some RL fans don’t want the game to Evolve, don’t want a better Sky deal, don’t want IMG to succeed just so they can sit on here and moan, talk about all the negatives and try to look smart. 

I don’t particularly like the way Derek does things but at least he’s showing some sort of ambition and trying to improve things and I can respect that.

To be fair most people have said that the annoying thing about the whole amateurishness of this rebrand/launch is it’s actually distracted from the good things Leigh are doing.

If IMG have ‘signed off’ this rebrand then I’m worried about their judgement.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Mapleyther said:

It is fascinating and somewhat depressing to see the sentiment quickly change on the Leigh FB page. Many now seem to have drunk the Kool Aid … and actually believe a new sponsor came out of the blue and dropped hundreds of thousands of pounds on the club simply on the strength of the rebrand. Even though it turns out that its (I think) an existing sponsor and at least one of the owners is originally from Leigh - last year they had a box. It’s not as though it’s a blue chip household name - and how they plan to earn a return on their investment beats me. 

Whatever, it doesn’t alter the fact that this was the most diabolically amateur rebrand in the memory of man.  Many are happy to sell their soul, it seems, as well as swallow as many large porky pies as are served up. 

Sell their soul is a bit steep, what do you want people to do, boycott the club?

From what I can see, and admittedly, there's no real scientific way of measuring this just by browsing social media, is that there is general indifference to the name and badge (as there was to the old name and badge), but there is resistence to the changing of club's colours

9 minutes ago, phiggins said:

Are those names easily changed on Facebook?

If you own the account, yes.

I would have thought this was one of the first things when having a "digital ready" rebranding, but there isn't even a website yet so maybe I'm expecting too much...

Edited by Tommygilf
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Chrispmartha said:

But even if it turns out it isn’t the shirt, your clubs owner thought that announcing a load of great signings, some great initiatives wasn’t good enough, he had to change your name and make those new signings wear a shirt with a Jaguar’s anus on it.

you don’t think that’s embarrassing?

Why?

4 hours ago, Chrispmartha said:

To be fair most people have said that the annoying thing about the whole amateurishness of this rebrand/launch is it’s actually distracted from the good things Leigh are doing.

If IMG have ‘signed off’ this rebrand then I’m worried about their judgement.

Why?

14 hours ago, Bolton Leyther said:

And that's all that matters, isn't it?

Who cares that the "rebrand" humiliates the club, and by extension the town, as long as it means there's more money coming in.

The irony is that despite the club supposedly generating more income it's actually been cheapened.

Why and how?

11 hours ago, Mapleyther said:

Reality is at home, sentiment is a dated memory when away from home