1. 1. Who will win?

• Lebanon by 13 points or more
    • Lebanon by 7 to 12 points
    • Lebanon by 1 to 6 points
    • Ireland by 1 to 6 points
    • Ireland by 7 to 12 points
    • Ireland by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 23/10/22 at 14:00

15 minutes ago, corkonian77 said:

Irelands call is generally  unloved in the Republic; it is at best  tolerated.

The anthem issue  is bottom  of the list of concerns  for RLI.  

It shouldn't be. It betrays a sporting body lacking in identity and purpose. The little things feed into the big things.

Being a propagator of RU messaging undermines RL in Ireland and bolsters a body in the IRFU that doesn't need or deserve the helping hand.

22 minutes ago, OriginalMrC said:

The Ireland Rugby league team is an all Ireland team, something many of the current squad are unaware of. This is something I had to point out to their social media as they were using the tricolour on their posts. The official RLI flag is the 4 provinces flag. 

In terms of the anthem Irelands call is fine, its used by other all Ireland teams. Not sure what the alternative is? 

As to the make up of the team it is indeed disappointing that only one Irish born and bred player (Ronan Michael) made the squad and he hasn't even been used. There were other players who who've played for Ireland students and U19s who play pro/semi pro that should have at least made the squad. 

I hope you also pointed out on the Great Britain Rugby league team social media, how the flag (and name) didn't represent us either... Micheal should have gotten game time against Jamaica at least, can't understand why he wasn't played. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Keith989 said:

I hope you also pointed out on the Great Britain Rugby league team social media, how the flag (and name) didn't represent us either... Micheal should have gotten game time against Jamaica at least, can't understand why he wasn't played. 

Think we all know it wasn't a GB & Ireland team but that's a whole other story 

Completely agree Michael should have got game time. He's good enough and was featured in several Irish publications ahead of the tournament. Very disappointing that he hasn't had a chance. All the more galling when you see such a poor performance as the Lebanon game. 

Edited by OriginalMrC
  • Like 1

On 24/10/2022 at 22:59, Madrileño said:

Thanks. Obviously its because none of them are actually Irish. You only need to look at their non existent attempts to sing their anthem.

It would be disrespectful to actual Irish people to just write Irish without the commas, but they are playing for the Ireland team, so I figured I would refer to them as "Irish" even though 99% of them are from the North of England. 

Again, disrespectful.

Toronto Wolfpack Global Ambassador