Fri 4 Nov: Wheelchair RLWC: France v Wales 11:00

Who will win?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• France
    • Wales

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/11/22 at 11:30

1 hour ago, unapologetic pedant said:

What`s the rationale for the difference in rules from the running game when a restart is kicked over the dead ball line? i.e. why doesn`t it result in a goal-line dropout?

If it were the same, the conceding team would have a better chance of gaining possession and halting the slaughter. Not just from a long kick-off that goes dead, also from a short kick-off since the opposition would have to put numbers back to defend the dead ball line.

I wondered that, but I think it's too easy to 'kick' it out with a short pitch and only 5 defenders.

• Like 1

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

23 minutes ago, Waynebennettswinger said:

Bloody hell just seen this score line but didn’t see the match were the French on Mobility Scooters? 

France are the reigning world champions. Wales have had a Wheelchair league for 1 year.

• Like 2

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

On 04/11/2022 at 16:20, roughyed8 said:

They are tackle tags, the defenders have to remove a tag from the ball carriers arm to complete the tackle,the ones on the legs are to replace the ones removed from the arms 

Thanks. It took a couple of games but I've got my head around it now. 

What a magnificent, truly diverse sport. Men, women, physical disability, young and old; all playing the same sport, together, in the same match. Brilliant and brutal.