1. 1. Who will win?

• Tonga by 13 points or more
    • Tonga by 7 to 12 points
    • Tonga by 1 to 6 points
    • Samoa by 1 to 6 points
    • Samoa by 7 to 12 points
    • Samoa by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/11/22 at 15:00

3 minutes ago, RippinandTearin said:

But that hasn’t proven to be the case, playing one or two games & going alright isn’t as difficult as doing it at that intensity for a whole season

theres an endless stream of islander players, most are incredibly strong & powerful coming through the juniors & find favour & then many fall by the wayside,only the best endure & they do, in tournaments like this, struggle to find organising players in their spine

Plenty of NRL superstars have come over here and absolutely bombed. If they are so good, how could that possibly happen?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, RippinandTearin said:

But that hasn’t proven to be the case, playing one or two games & going alright isn’t as difficult as doing it at that intensity for a whole season

theres an endless stream of islander players, most are incredibly strong & powerful coming through the juniors & find favour & then many fall by the wayside,only the best endure & they do, in tournaments like this, struggle to find organising players in their spine

Ever heard of that SL average player Josh Hodgson? John Bateman was a Dally M winner. Tom and George Burgess had a handful of SL appearances between them. Dom Young similar. It’s a poor comparison mate. We’ve had Australian alleged greats who I wouldn’t have paid in washers and Aussie no names who were great value for money. It’s easy this game.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, RippinandTearin said:

I doubt the Saints players have ever slipped into “island time” 😎

All the South’s vs Penrith analogy represents is the volatility of the game & that you should realise that each 80 minute game is it’s own seperate beast,  the game is largely mental,  especially for a lot of these islanders, it was always going to be the case that they’d work their way into the tournament & grow as a team 

Well they wernt great today so they better grow fast before next Saturday. 

4 minutes ago, Mr Frisky said:

I don't think anyone on here ever says SL is a better and higher grade of comp than the NRL.

For the only real marker of the 2 leagues that isn't an opinion, and if you want to go off facts then the NRL have won 14 WCC and SL have won 13.

Although we do know when the NRL win they are the best team in the world but when SL win its just a preseason friendly.🤣🤣

well the reality is, given the season starting time, it falls into our trial game period & is played on the other side of the planet

plenty of clubs & supporters get rather antsy about it given it usually takes a once champion team some time to find their feet after it’s all said & done, the disruption is real 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, RippinandTearin said:

well the reality is, given the season starting time, it falls into our trial game period & is played on the other side of the planet

plenty of clubs & supporters get rather antsy about it given it usually takes a once champion team some time to find their feet after it’s all said & done, the disruption is real 

Is it not the same for the SL clubs?

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, RippinandTearin said:

You have replied to a number of posts on this thread but I don't think any of the replies have anything to do with what you quoted.

• Haha 1

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Just now, RippinandTearin said:

As a Roosters member I can confirm it was a big deal when they went past Wigan to become the most successful RL team in the world - seems like the others only dismiss it when they lose. 

I remember Penrith getting pummelled by Fielding almost by himself 20 years ago - they didn't seem to be taking it lightly as they were on their knees at the end after he smashed them for 80 mins.

• Thanks 1

Not quite sure what any of this chat is about but what a brilliant game of rugby. I was pretty close to despair this time yesterday but we have had two games on a completely different level to anything that had preceded them.

Samoa's back division now look genuinely good. England shouldn't fear them but they should also completely disregard what happened in game one as Saturday will be a really really hard game.

• Like 5

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

2 minutes ago, Gomersall said:

No mention of Tonga v Samoa on the BBC evening news although the rah rahs losing got plenty of coverage.

One was an England game in front of 80k, one was a game between two distant countries in front of 13k. We had 2.5 hours live on BBC TV, this is one moment not to be moaning really.

• Like 1

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

13 minutes ago, Gomersall said:

Ever heard of that SL average player Josh Hodgson? John Bateman was a Dally M winner. Tom and George Burgess had a handful of SL appearances between them. Dom Young similar. It’s a poor comparison mate. We’ve had Australian alleged greats who I wouldn’t have paid in washers and Aussie no names who were great value for money. It’s easy this game.

some go well obviously, many don’t, I would big up Dom Young yet, he hasn’t been overly good in the NRL, he’s got potential 

Most big name Aussies go over at the end of a career, well except Brodie Croft & Jai Field but they couldn’t really make it in the NRL 

Just now, Just Browny said:

One was an England game in front of 80k, one was a game between two distant countries in front of 13k. We had 2.5 hours live on BBC TV, this is one moment not to be moaning really.

Which one was covered by the BBC. I’ll moan if I want to 🧐