1. 1. Who will win?

• Tonga by 13 points or more
    • Tonga by 7 to 12 points
    • Tonga by 1 to 6 points
    • Samoa by 1 to 6 points
    • Samoa by 7 to 12 points
    • Samoa by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/11/22 at 15:00

Game thread for Tonga v Samoa

• Thanks 1

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

I guess this is most people's pick of the quarters.

I felt when the tournament started that Tonga would have too much from 1 to 17 for Samoa should they meet.   Nothing has really changed from that but just hoping for a quality entertaining game.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Going to the England game and this one and can't wait for both of them. This one should be explosive and it feels like it could go either way. After a slow start for both, they've warmed in to it and looked like the teams we expected in week one last week. I'm finding it really tough to call to be honest. I think the coaching battle could be the difference, with Woolf clearly being superior to Parish.

Tonga by 8

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

May be an image of ‎2 people and ‎text that says '‎MATE MA'A TONGA QF SQUAD TOA SAMOA 6TH NOV, 2.30PM TIME HALLIWELL JONES STADIUM, WARRINGTON MA'R TONGA D> ۔ RLDCUP PACIFION CIFO WILL HOPOATE DANIEL TUPOU 2 MOSESE SULI 19 WILL PENISINI 4 SIONE KATOA ISAIYA KATOA 24 TUIMOALA LOLOHEA 8 ADDIN FONUA-BLAKE 8 SILIVA HAVILI 9 10 MOEAKI FOTUAIKA 17 11 FELISE KAUFUSI 11 12 KEAON KOLOAMATANGI 12 13 JASON TAUMALOLO 13 14 SONI LUKE 14 15 SIOSIUA TAUKEI'AHO 10 16 DAVID FIFITA 18 BEN MURDOCH-MASILA 21 18 TEVITA TATOLA 16 19 TALATAU AMONE 6 PACIFICAST Digicel VNABTY technology people SIGNACE‎'‎‎

Wil Hopoate and Siliva Havili start for their first matches of the tournament.

I find the decision to slot Hopoate straight in a bit strange, the bloke has barely been fit for months and both Koula and Niu have done fairly well so far. Not overly convinced by some of the forwards selections either to be honest but think they'll still have too much for Samoa.

19 minutes ago, UTK said:

May be an image of ‎2 people and ‎text that says '‎MATE MA'A TONGA QF SQUAD TOA SAMOA 6TH NOV, 2.30PM TIME HALLIWELL JONES STADIUM, WARRINGTON MA'R TONGA D> ۔ RLDCUP PACIFION CIFO WILL HOPOATE DANIEL TUPOU 2 MOSESE SULI 19 WILL PENISINI 4 SIONE KATOA ISAIYA KATOA 24 TUIMOALA LOLOHEA 8 ADDIN FONUA-BLAKE 8 SILIVA HAVILI 9 10 MOEAKI FOTUAIKA 17 11 FELISE KAUFUSI 11 12 KEAON KOLOAMATANGI 12 13 JASON TAUMALOLO 13 14 SONI LUKE 14 15 SIOSIUA TAUKEI'AHO 10 16 DAVID FIFITA 18 BEN MURDOCH-MASILA 21 18 TEVITA TATOLA 16 19 TALATAU AMONE 6 PACIFICAST Digicel VNABTY technology people SIGNACE‎'‎‎

Wil Hopoate and Siliva Havili start for their first matches of the tournament.

I find the decision to slot Hopoate straight in a bit strange, the bloke has barely been fit for months and both Koula and Niu have done fairly well so far. Not overly convinced by some of the forwards selections either to be honest but think they'll still have too much for Samoa.

What changes would you make on the forwards? Looks like a good forwards pack. The only change I would've made is Haumole Olakau'atu should've been in over Ben Murdoch-Masila easily

Tonga to win but cannot wait! Pick of the quarters and the haka’s themselves will be okay worth the 25 quid each my dad and I have spent. (I know they’re not haka’s but cannot recall the exact names). Could be tasty, should be great!

My dad and I will be going in the kings head about an hour and half before the game - getting the train from Urmston - is anybody else about for a meet up? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, tjhrads93 said:

Tonga to win but cannot wait! Pick of the quarters and the haka’s themselves will be okay worth the 25 quid each my dad and I have spent. (I know they’re not haka’s but cannot recall the exact names). Could be tasty, should be great!

My dad and I will be going in the kings head about an hour and half before the game - getting the train from Urmston - is anybody else about for a meet up? 

Samoa (Siva Tau) Tonga ( Sipi Tau)

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Mojo said:

What changes would you make on the forwards? Looks like a good forwards pack. The only change I would've made is Haumole Olakau'atu should've been in over Ben Murdoch-Masila easily

I would've taken Haumole over Kaufusi despite him having a very good game against the Cook Islands. I understand the experience angle but I don't think he offers a level of ability that matches any of Koloamatangi/Olakau'atu/Fifita.

BMM has had a couple of decent stints this tournament but I also would've taken Tatola instead.

Struggling with the fact there's no spot for Sifa Talakai as well, such a quality and versatile player - they're lacking a bit of versatility as none of their backrowers really double as centres so in the case of injury Talakai would be a really important option that can also play edge and middle.

• Like 1

• John Drake changed the title to Sun 6 Nov: RLWC: Tonga v Samoa KO 14:30
11 minutes ago, moorside roughyed said:

Tonga to win but this game is a must see. They're going to smash each other to bits.

Hopefully . With a big punch up and lots of injuries and suspensions . And golden point of 30 minutes .

But … even without all that we win next week 

2 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Hopefully . With a big punch up and lots of injuries and suspensions . And golden point of 30 minutes .

Whoever wins,I hope it weakens them. A few on crutches won't be too bad😅

• Sad 2

47 minutes ago, Wakefield Ram said:

Any suggestions where to park would be appreciated 

There's plenty of parking as the stadium is in the town centre. Halliwell Jones stadium is great with a cracking atmosphere. I watched the France Samoa game there and parking wasn't an issue. Enjoy the match.👍

After tonight's game, if this is the tie of the round then it will be an absolute belter.

• Like 3

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

15 hours ago, DavidM said:

15 hours ago, moorside roughyed said:

Whoever wins,I hope it weakens them. A few on crutches won't be too bad😅

No guy's not at all, I want to see all 4 semi finalists to be in a position that they go into the games with a full bill of health and give us 2 cracking hard fought competitive contests, which apart from Tonga/PNG, last night's match and the very game Scotland team v Fiji, we have had far much to little of in this World Cup competition.

My prediction for the Final is England v Australia and I also want that game to be populated by the best players both teams can field, and subsequently may the best team win, I will be screaming and shouting for an England victory but I really want to accomplish it by beating the Aussies fair and square, my only concern about the final should I get my wish of who contests it, is who will be the Officials both on field and VR and how they interpret and judge the 50/50's.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1