Riley Dean

Clarence Street

• 2 months later...

On 25/11/2022 at 10:53, Clarence Street said:

I see Riley Dean has joined Fev. on a season long loan. Where have I heard similar to that before?

the lad had a cracker last night as fev demolished keighley

• Like 2

I thought he was outstanding last night, didn't rate the lad at all when he was with us either. Just shows what's possible if you put a halfback behind a dominant pack, he's obviously matured a lot and is thriving being given the freedom to play his natural game. 

• Like 1

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

That’s fair of you Simon.

Riley was only 19, I think,  when he played for us.  I thought he was unfairly treated by the previous coach - scapegoating a kid for a bad team performance (it’s a team game) was a poor show. I know that certainly at the start of his time with us he wasn’t even getting his petrol paid for, or getting any kind of bonus, but he still turned up. Maybe that’s the norm with loan players? 

Still, what doesn’t kill you makes you stronger and it’s to his credit he has put it all behind him and progressed. 

I’m biased as I know him, but it’s great to see young British talent (especially a half-back) emerging. He’s enjoying working with Long and Pryce….maybe that’s reflecting in his performances. Freedom to play vs kick it on the 5th and don’t dare deviate from the plan. 

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Fax Knight said:

That’s fair of you Simon.

Riley was only 19, I think,  when he played for us.  I thought he was unfairly treated by the previous coach - scapegoating a kid for a bad team performance (it’s a team game) was a poor show. I know that certainly at the start of his time with us he wasn’t even getting his petrol paid for, or getting any kind of bonus, but he still turned up. Maybe that’s the norm with loan players? 

Still, what doesn’t kill you makes you stronger and it’s to his credit he has put it all behind him and progressed. 

I’m biased as I know him, but it’s great to see young British talent (especially a half-back) emerging. He’s enjoying working with Long and Pryce….maybe that’s reflecting in his performances. Freedom to play vs kick it on the 5th and don’t dare deviate from the plan. 

I hope he reverts to type when he plays us though obviously. 

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

8 hours ago, POR said:

Just to let you know S in the three games he's played for us he's been MOM 

Great. Really pleased. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 08/02/2023 at 08:53, Fevrover said:

You won't be when he gets it against York. ( sorry couldn't resist that). 😉 

Depends if we get Warrington in the cup I suppose.

• Haha 5