RLWC - any surge in player interest?

On 03/12/2022 at 09:37, Archie Gordon said:

Anybody receive a surge in interest from boys, girls, men, women wanting to join their community club and become the next Farnworth, Roche, or Brown?

I was hoping for a few interested emails/texts but received none.

Two or three kids, around the time of the world cup, but nothing significant really. I think the fact that the season had ended before the WCF will have had some impact on that. Hopefully they will still be interested in the new year.

• Like 1

Anybody new  wanting to have a look at trying our sport may well be put off by the RFL registration fee that is before club fees even come in to place. Hardly welcoming to new or regular players. Can anyone tell me what the community clubs have gained by the RFL registration fee ? NCL Clubs get no support with finance at all and it is becoming impossible to finance our Clubs. Will volunteers say enough is enough eventually ? World Cup legacy or not. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, chisholm said:

Anybody new  wanting to have a look at trying our sport may well be put off by the RFL registration fee that is before club fees even come in to place. Hardly welcoming to new or regular players. Can anyone tell me what the community clubs have gained by the RFL registration fee ? NCL Clubs get no support with finance at all and it is becoming impossible to finance our Clubs. Will volunteers say enough is enough eventually ? World Cup legacy or not. 

Whats avg travel costs for an NCL team?

14 hours ago, topcentre21 said:

Whats avg travel costs for an NCL team?

That will depend on league and the clubs location. Some will be as low as 6k others 12k and some higher still. But that's a price to pay to be in the best operated league, part of me wonders if that money lost to the game would be better invested in development officers. 

All these clubs have teams at multiple age groups who will require buses at some point of their seasons as well. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, johnmatrix said:

That will depend on league and the clubs location. Some will be as low as 6k others 12k and some higher still. But that's a price to pay to be in the best operated league, part of me wonders if that money lost to the game would be better invested in development officers. 

All these clubs have teams at multiple age groups who will require buses at some point of their seasons as well. 

Thats about right. 

A number of clubs now  travel to their more local away games by car but the overall bill for NCL travel is in the region of 300k - 400k. per year.

The price of ONE marquee player in SL ?       Makes you think....... 

Priorities ?

On 04/12/2022 at 19:42, chisholm said:

At a club level, free player insurance, free DBS checks for volunteers, free administration of registrations, free ID cards.

From a recent bulletin to community clubs, in terms of general development of the community game, I understand that there has been some investment in head-cams for referees (which in itself is sad that these are required) alongside a planned recruitment campaign for referees in the community game. Funds are also earmarked to support the further development of PDRL, Wheelchair and the Women's game.

In addition to that, over 1000 volunteers who are not required to pay the fee when signing up made the payment anyway.

I am fairly adept at setting up new clubs.  I want to help out and hand it over to people who know what they're doing.  I have a fairly decent record at this and can provide people with references.  However, the one league I spoke to are more interested in finding volunteers for their own reasonably-well staffed club.