Midlands Hurricanes - advance planning

Blind side johnny

New venue announced: There's a storm Brewing at the Alexander Stadium! — Midlands Hurricanes

Spectator facilities: SUPPORTERS INFORMATION — Midlands Hurricanes

Let's hope that it is warmer by July 2nd.

• Like 1

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Disappointingly, it seems like Midlands will be playing on the smaller ground with the running track and no noticeable stands of any kind. Still planning to go though.

On the subject of grounds, I see ours has been renamed the Flair Stadium. Judging by the age of our fan base it might as well be the Flares Stadium. Does that mean we can have some non-Tetleys beer in our bars now?

• Haha 3

18 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

New venue announced: There's a storm Brewing at the Alexander Stadium! — Midlands Hurricanes

Spectator facilities: SUPPORTERS INFORMATION — Midlands Hurricanes

Let's hope that it is warmer by July 2nd.

So to have a after match drink, you've to pay £5 to gain entry🤔

Take it they've not played any Yorkshire teams before 🤔🤣🤣

1 hour ago, Anita Bath said:

Information?

Several bus routes but doesnt tell you which ones

Train service but doesnt tell you where from/which line.

Time spent reading this ‘information’ better spent on your own research.

Try this for your research then: Hurricanes new ground - Page 2 - The General Rugby League Forum - Total Rugby League Fans Forum (totalrl.com)

Google maps is also a good resource - you might have it all sorted by the time that your lot play there.    😎

Edited by Blind side johnny

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

The ground set up (not necessarily the club) does not appear very welcoming to supporters, indicating we cannot have our own food and drink, charging to enter the bar area (limited numbers it says, but no worries there ’cos I doubt there will be many takers). I presume car parking is free because owners park at their own risk, but that shouldn’t be the case if charged to park. Cashless payments in all areas is something I cannot see as being totally legal as no allowance is made for any spectators who don’t have debit/credit cards (yes there are still some of us around), or those who turn up without first checking facilities (as many still do).

It all smacks of football ground bullying tactics to me. 

Legs, Dews, Legs.

18 hours ago, Anita Bath said:

Information?

Several bus routes but doesnt tell you which ones

Train service but doesnt tell you where from/which line.

Time spent reading this ‘information’ better spent on your own research.

Public transport options for the Alexander Stadium

Yes we'll be playing on the smaller part of the complex but this is only for 2023 while work on converting the main stadium is completed. My understanding is that the transfer of rights from the Commonwealth Games organisation to Birmingham City Council took longer than anticipated.

I don't know why there is a charge to use the stadium bar after the game - possibly it's not that big and numbers are restricted (?) - but there will be food and drink available from stalls around the pitch anyway, as there was at Portway.

A clause in ground regulations about not taking your own food/drink into the ground is standard for sports stadia isn't it? And post-Covid, surely most places are cashless now.

12 minutes ago, Yorks Tim said:

Public transport options for the Alexander Stadium

Yes we'll be playing on the smaller part of the complex but this is only for 2023 while work on converting the main stadium is completed. My understanding is that the transfer of rights from the Commonwealth Games organisation to Birmingham City Council took longer than anticipated.

I don't know why there is a charge to use the stadium bar after the game - possibly it's not that big and numbers are restricted (?) - but there will be food and drink available from stalls around the pitch anyway, as there was at Portway.

A clause in ground regulations about not taking your own food/drink into the ground is standard for sports stadia isn't it? And post-Covid, surely most places are cashless now.

Not at most traditional RL clubs it isn't. Bring whatever food you want to our place, just don't bring a drum!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Crown Flatter said:

The ground set up (not necessarily the club) does not appear very welcoming to supporters, indicating we cannot have our own food and drink, charging to enter the bar area (limited numbers it says, but no worries there ’cos I doubt there will be many takers). I presume car parking is free because owners park at their own risk, but that shouldn’t be the case if charged to park. Cashless payments in all areas is something I cannot see as being totally legal as no allowance is made for any spectators who don’t have debit/credit cards (yes there are still some of us around), or those who turn up without first checking facilities (as many still do).

It all smacks of football ground bullying tactics to me. 

Think all car parks are "at your own risk"

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Wakefield Ram said:

Think all car parks are "at your own risk"

If that’s the case, what’s the payment for?

I recall that lseafront parking between the bays in Scarborough cost half a crown, 2/6 (12 1/2p). Parking was free, but the cost was for someone to “look after the vehicle”. Same thing at a cup tie at Salford’s Weaste ground a few years ago. 

Legs, Dews, Legs.

10 hours ago, Crown Flatter said:

I recall that lseafront parking between the bays in Scarborough cost half a crown, 2/6 (12 1/2p). Parking was free, but the cost was for someone to “look after the vehicle”. Same thing at a cup tie at Salford’s Weaste ground a few years ago. 

Just pointing out that Midlands Hurricanes are no different in not wanting to be liable for any losses. 

15 hours ago, Crown Flatter said:

Whether you pay for the facility or not car parks in the UK usually display a "parking at owners own risk" sign. I'm not sure how you might expect them to prevent any other driver from hitting someone else's car, for instance.

What's the payment for, you ask - caveat emptor is the reply.