Barrow v Toulouse on Ourleague

1 hour ago, the man said:

The very first game of the professional season on Saturday 4th February 3pm is now available to purchase on Ourleague where it will be live streamed.

Hopefully a great game to start off the season

Good to know and I'm so glad because I was trying to go but things were getting in the way like they do.

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

Hopefully Viaplay do a deal - but no sign yet.

The monthly price might put off a few. Although the cost of the months for the season will probably add up to the 12 month offer price for Premier anyway.

13 hours ago, kiggy said:

I will wait and see if TO can put a full team out before I part with a hard earned £4.95

I don't think they will just field 9 players.

Saw a Viaplay ad on the train this morning - £3.99 per month. Not sure whether it is in date.

50 minutes ago, Leonard said:

Saw a Viaplay ad on the train this morning - £3.99 per month. Not sure whether it is in date.

£3.99 is for the version without sport

EDIT

Just to add: been following Viaplay since their launch and they haven't run a single offer of any kind for anyone that I've seen.

Edited by gingerjon

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

45 minutes ago, the man said:

Barrow have to cover the production costs and costs of the commentary team which comes to around £1500. Anything after that Barrow get 90% and the RFL get 10%.

So what do the RFL do for their 10%?

And so T O get nothing?

Mmmmmm!

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

12 hours ago, Leonard said:

19 in the squad at the moment, some long term injuries as well

15 hours ago, Oxford said:

So what do the RFL do for their 10%?

And so T O get nothing?

Mmmmmm!

The RFL have the platform to do the streaming through Ourleague, they have put some resources into getting the production team together and have put some promotional resources in helping to ensure that the rugby league public know the game is televised. They will also upload the content to the disciplinary panel which saves Barrow a job.

Barrow have taken all the risk so they get the chunk of the money and some might argue being streamed may affect their gate, although Barrow don't share that view as they believe getting our product to a wider audience helps grow the game. 

PPV options came in during COVID for the behind closed doors games and first option was always given to the home side to cover production costs, if they declined the away side could take the risk and pick up the income.

The option for PPV has continued and as long as the fixture doesn't clash with something a broadcaster like Sky is screening then you usually get approval from the RFL. Leigh streamed a few games last season.

The option for the away side is still there but the home side have to agree.

In the 2021 season Barrow paid for quite a few games as the away side and didn't quite cover the production costs but had the game on the big screen at the ground and more than compensated through bar sales with hundreds there.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
BarrowRaiders-TheMan-1.png

On 21/01/2023 at 08:16, the man said:

The RFL have the platform to do the streaming through Ourleague, they have put some resources into getting the production team together and have put some promotional resources in helping to ensure that the rugby league public know the game is televised. They will also upload the content to the disciplinary panel which saves Barrow a job.

Barrow have taken all the risk so they get the chunk of the money and some might argue being streamed may affect their gate, although Barrow don't share that view as they believe getting our product to a wider audience helps grow the game. 

PPV options came in during COVID for the behind closed doors games and first option was always given to the home side to cover production costs, if they declined the away side could take the risk and pick up the income.

The option for PPV has continued and as long as the fixture doesn't clash with something a broadcaster like Sky is screening then you usually get approval from the RFL. Leigh streamed a few games last season.

The option for the away side is still there but the home side have to agree.

In the 2021 season Barrow paid for quite a few games as the away side and didn't quite cover the production costs but had the game on the big screen at the ground and more than compensated through bar sales with hundreds there.

I hope SL clubs start streaming non SKY/C4 games soon