NRL 2023 - Round 1 - MATCH(es) THREAD

Hairy Grunt wins it with a try! The first time the Storm have been in the lead, and it's the deciding score.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Storm’s Cameron Munster suffered a compound dislocation to his finger but returned in the second half to orchestrate a 16-12 golden point win over the the Eels. 

Harry Grant darted out of dummy-half three minutes into extra time to plant down the match-winning try next to the posts.

Edited by Graham

Munster injury:

Not a compound fracture of the ring finger but a compound dislocation.

Club officially saying it was in fact a compound dislocation to the finger, Munster in considerable pain getting the joint back into place with the doctors but they did that, they ran that right hand through a fitness test and he’s giving it a crack, he’s back out there…

Dom Young taking a while to recover after getting a shoulder in the sort of breathing area, you know, like below the face but near where the arms join onto the body, or something.

29min: Bunty try. After some bad kicks. Knights kicked the restart across the sideline, Johnson penalty only gained 1m but subsequent set had some very good Warriors attack.

Warriors 10-0

Curran try chalked off after VR finds a Warriors knock-on in the ball contest. I'm 50/50 on that one, you could have seen whatever you wanted in that contest.