Cor Blimey, I M G

RogerT

The full IMG proposal is out in print.

Go to the Main TRL and the IMG is there.

Good luck reading it.

Here is the link

Full IMG grading criteria revealed as clubs prepare for Super League push – TotalRL.com | Rugby League Express | Rugby League World

Edited by RogerT

4 hours ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

I'll summarise:

"If you're currently in SL you'll be fine. If not, forget it"

Totally agree. 

Basically Rog, think back to framing the future from umpteen years ago, but with a patsy (IMG) fronting it, instead of the SL clubs. E.g. let's set a criteria for the clubs we want in and exclude the ones we don't.

25% of the marks for attendance and social media (driven from larger gates in the first place because a team is in SL, and not being held back by travelling support from over half of the league bringing a car full of travelling support). 

A further 25% for performance, anyone in SL scores higher than everyone else as they are higher up the pyramid, with bonus points for winning a competition. So the team winning the CH would get to the dizzy heights of 10th in the pyramid, providing the 11th and 12th in SL don't win the challenge cup.

Finance 22.5% Great if you have sugar daddy pumping money in and good attendances to push up turnover. Otherwise forget it.

Stadium 15% - Would be great for anyone owning their own ground, with good facilities, but a big part of the scoring is how full it is every week. So anyone outside SL can forget it. Funnily enough, it will be great for Wakefield this year, as they are working on the ground and therefore have a limited capacity.

Community 12.5% - catchment divided by number of clubs. We're classed as Kirklees so Huddersfield, Dewsbury and Batley divided by a population of circa 220k. So we can forget it and probably as low as it gets. Halifax are okay on this, as they are the only club in Calderdale, despite being close to Huddersfield. London are laughing 2 divided by millions.

• Like 2

I wouldn't worry too much about it really! It's basically re framing the future with a few twists, and hows that worked out 30yrs later and still some clubs havent moved on look at the grounds some clubs don't even own a ground, wakey only just improving, and cas especially still in a sh**hole of a ground now, looks like our ground did in the early eighties, the community bit is a joke and doesn't add up! it doesn't matter if your catchment area is 1mil your only going to get fans of the game in look at the broncos must have had a dozen grounds all over London!(pop 8.9m) And they still only average about 800,(00000.1%) fev pop 15.5k average gate 3.5k(20%)  do London get a spot before fev? and most clubs averages are still no different to when super league started!(Salford 4.5k pop 250k hudds 6k pop 141k wakey 5k pop 350k)  hardly fantastic % rates, Apparently I.m.g have been paid £2million for this report,  which is basically framing the future re-written only the R. L could fall for that one, you could have got a dozen fans together for the price of a pork pie and a cup of tea each and got what everyone is thinking what this report really is! it's about  the age old class system that this country has run on for hundreds of years protect the wealthy and  healthy, and never mind about the peasants! 

Edited by The scrim reaper
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Bat Lad said:

To me Fev win the league they go up.

Simples, all the other ###### they can shove were the sun don't shine.

IMG my ######.

So just to put things into perspective. Next season each fan of the top championship club will be given a slide rule a tape measure a census form and a calculator to work out if you've bettered the worst performing super League side. I'd put a laughing emoji on the end of that if I thought that was remotely funny. Then there again will there be many fans that can be bothered?

So please correct me if I'm wrong. Looks like we're destined to be forever in Cat C, despite having success on the field, having decent facilities and owning them. Are we gonna be happy with playing at that level, although probably winning the division every year but with no hope of progression to Cat B and beyond?

6 hours ago, Bat Lad said:

To me Fev win the league they go up.

Simples, all the other ###### they can shove were the sun don't shine.

IMG my ######.

If I've read it correctly, whoever wins the GF this year in the CH, goes up and the bottom club in SL goes down. This criteria will come in to effect for the 2025 season. 

If Fev for instance went up this year, then it would be up to Wakefield (as things stand) to score more points than one of the SL teams next season to get back in.

I imagine Cas will be quaking a bit, as will Fev or whoever goes up, with the possible exception of Toulouse.