Championship Final position predictions

29 minutes ago, crashmon said:

If Tolouse finish 2nd and London 6th, do not be surprised if London win that.  I can see Tolouse just as easily losing at home to 6th placed team as I can see them beating Fev, they really blow that how and cold.

London won't get very far if they make it ( I still think Fax will finish 6th TBH), but away at Tolouse is the one game I'd actually fancy them to nick it.

We will have to do a deal then as I would fancy Fax chances of causing an unpset over at Fev again so maybe we can work it so both London and Fax make the playoffs and we will play each other in the final. 🤣

After watching Keighley yesterday. 

I cannot see us avoiding relegation. 

There are 2 games, we have a slight chance of winning.

The rest. No chance.

The new coach has a miracle to proform.

With a weaker squad than the club had last year. In a lover division. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Toby Chopra said:

Stranger things have happened on Championship Grand Final day - Toronto-London 2018 springs to mind. Fev are certainly the strong favourites but they shouldn't count their chickens yet.

And we certainly ARE NOT.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, The Blues Ox said:

Really tough to predict apart from top and bottom places but will have a go.

1. Fev - Not much to say other than comfortably more consitant than any team.

2. Toulouse - Got some players back and starting to look the part but away form would be the thing that could let them down.

3. Batley - Will win enough games to get 3rd but could easily nick 2nd.

4. Bradford - Not in the same class as the teams above them but should benefit from Sheffields sketchy form.

5. Sheffield - If we were to have a shock drop off in form and a team miss the playoffs Sheffield are that candidate. They should win enough games to keep away the chasing pack though.

6. London - 2nd form team in the league and a tough one to predict, they could easily finish anywhere between 4th and 8th.

7. Fax - With us still to play Sheffield(a), Fev(h), London (a), Toulouse (h) all games we don't traditionally fair too well in we may only win 4/8 so would likely just miss out on the playoffs with that. Will be interesting to see if a loss in next week semi final would force a change of coach. Some Fax fans will tell you 7th is an over achievment when you consider our budget been around 10th/11th. I don't buy it.

8. Widnes - Decent looking run in but hard to see them putting together a run of games without a shock defeat.

9. York - Too little, too late. They need at least 3 teams above them to have a disaster and have a good run which is too unlikely. For me the only team in the middle who has nothing really to play for.

10. Swinton - Look capable of picking up the odd win. They must win their next two though Newcastle(a), Keighley(h), if they lose them 2 then they will likely be the 2nd team to go down.

11. Barrow - "Easiest" last 4 games of the bottom teams, they should have enough to stay up but if the next few games go against them and they can't beat Haven then there will be a lot of pressure on them for the last 4 games.

12. Haven -  Tough to see many wins for them but two wins should see them safe.

13. Keighley - Could easily lose every remaining game, its such a tough run in for them. On paper they have points difference advatage over Haven but still have to play both the top 2 where as Haven only have Toulouse at home the last game. Could go down to the wire for them.

14. Newcastle - Won't win enough to make up the lost ground.

As for the playoffs its going to be so hard to predict. Fev fans can likely breathe a sigh of relief as it looks unlikley that they would have to play Batley so in theory they should have a very winnable semi against Bradford or Sheffield. Fax could throw a spanner in the works if they manage to make the playoffs but can't see it. 2nd place is huge as Batley won't go to Toulouse and win which would see the Fev V Toulouse final that Fev fans would dread. I just have this nagging feeling in the back of my mind that Fev get upset in the final. Sorry Fev fans, easily the team most deserving of a shot but not as convinced as what the league table suggests.

Good write up Oxy,can't tell us Fev fans owt lol we've seen it all before. Whatever will be will be.

• Like 1