Remaining Fixtures for 2023

Crown Flatter

The remaining league fixtures of the likely candidates for the playoffs:

Dewsbury:       Hunslet (A), Workington (H), Doncaster (A)

Hunslet:            Dewsbury (H), Rochdale (A), Skolars (H), Workington(A)

Workington:    Oldham (A), Doncaster (H), Dewsbury (A), Hunslet (H)

Doncaster:       Workington (A), Crusaders (A), Skolars (A), Cornwall (H), Dewsbury (H)

Oldham:            Workington (H), Cornwall (A), Rochdale (A), Midlands (H)

North Wales:   Cornwall (H), Doncaster (H), Skolars (H), 

Rochdale:          Skolars (H), Midlands (H), Hunslet (H), Oldham (H), Cornwall

Midlands:          Rochdale (A), Skolars (A), Oldham (A)

Edited by Crown Flatter
  • Like 1
Legs, Dews, Legs.

4 minutes ago, Crown Flatter said:

Doncaster:       Workington (A), Crusaders (A), Skolars (A), Cornwall (H), Dewsbury(H)

Rochdale:          Midlands (H), Hunslet (H), Oldham (H), Cornwall

I think Hunslet will win the play offs

• Like 1

Betting money would go on Hunslet

From a neutral of the teams involved I'd like to see Workington going up

For these reasons 

Workington, Barrow, Whitehaven would have Derby games. 

Workington wouldn't have to play teams from Midlands & Cornwall saving them some money.

It's a great day out is Workington and the fans are always made welcome there.

And most of all

They are the team most likely to come below us in next year's championship 🤔

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I wouldn't argue with that Graham ........ Let's just make sure we're not involved in them !!

Workington look to have toughest run-in and there could be some cracking play-off games to watch -- assuming we have time free to possibly go and watch ??

League One has definitely been a better standard than I thought might be the case.

1 hour ago, Therein73 said:

I wouldn't argue with that Graham ........ Let's just make sure we're not involved in them !!

Workington look to have toughest run-in and there could be some cracking play-off games to watch -- assuming we have time free to possibly go and watch ??

League One has definitely been a better standard than I thought might be the case.

As I’ve said on another post,if we can’t get one victory from three games then we don’t deserve to be champions. It’s up to us now,let’s go to Hunslet on Sunday,don’t get drawn in and be professional and we’ll get the points required. A few ex Dewsbury players in the Hunslet team so they’ll want to put one over us. 

I reckon that we will win at least two out of the three and comfortably gain promotion. This will provide the opportunity for certain voices to complain that we are nowhere strong enough for the Championship.

It fells as if Doncaster have imploded again - I believe they did something similar last year - and if so a change of coach will be certain there.

Hunslet seem to be the form team but this is largely on the back of loanees - keep their half backs quiet is the secret.

As Coolie says Workington would be the purists pick for promotion and they have recruited a couple of decent players recently.

I think the play off winners will be decided by the draw - Workington at home are much stronger than they are away.

Oldham will be concentrating on 2024.

It should be interesting but, hopefully, academic from our viewpoint.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

14 hours ago, Crown Flatter said:

Doncaster:       Workington (A), Crusaders (A), Skolars (A), Cornwall (H), Dewsbury (H)

Rochdale:          Midlands (H), Hunslet (H), Oldham (H), Cornwall

Rochdale also have London Skolars at home, the game postponed last weekend….but I have my doubts whether it will be played

12 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

I reckon that we will win at least two out of the three and comfortably gain promotion. This will provide the opportunity for certain voices to complain that we are nowhere strong enough for the Championship.

It fells as if Doncaster have imploded again - I believe they did something similar last year - and if so a change of coach will be certain there.

Hunslet seem to be the form team but this is largely on the back of loanees - keep their half backs quiet is the secret.

As Coolie says Workington would be the purists pick for promotion and they have recruited a couple of decent players recently.

I think the play off winners will be decided by the draw - Workington at home are much stronger than they are away.

Heard from a ex player last Sunday that all’s not well at Doncaster,bringing players in on loan and dropping players,where have we seen that before?
Watson Boas was in dispute Doncaster trying to get out of his contract In which he failed so he came back and straight back into the team.

Hunslet have a few loan players and they’ve got another this week with young Johnny Campbell coming in on loan from Batley.q

4 hours ago, Anita Bath said:

Rochdale also have London Skolars at home, the game postponed last weekend….but I have my doubts whether it will be played

Completely forgot about that, but have now edited it. I don’t know why you think it will not now be played though.

Edited by Crown Flatter
  • Like 1
Legs, Dews, Legs.

9 hours ago, Crown Flatter said:

Completely forgot about that, but have now edited it. I don’t know why you think it will not now be played though.

Pure speculation……no weekend dates available…midweek trip at pretty short notice requiring part time players  of a winless team to take time off work for a meaningless game (no implications for promotion or play offs) at the other end of the country. Hate to guess what the attendance would be.

I hope I am wrong. I often am!

1 minute ago, Anita Bath said:

Pure speculation……no weekend dates available…midweek trip at pretty short notice requiring part time players  of a winless team to take time off work for a meaningless game (no implications for promotion or play offs) at the other end of the country. Hate to guess what the attendance would be.

I hope I am wrong. I often am!

It could prove costly for both clubs should nothing be agreed as the RFL would take a dim view of that and possibly impose a date on which to play. 

Legs, Dews, Legs.

Agree…..but maybe the RFL will agree to this given the circumstances. Weren’t a couple of games cancelled last season because of the absence of medical cover? I am not sure if they were played later in the season or what, if any, sanctions were imposed.

On 27/07/2023 at 20:01, Blind side johnny said:

Don't be so sure about this in bold !!