mayfield

tandle

• 1 month later...
11 hours ago, HornetsGrey said:

And over 1000 there too.  A great turnout

Castleton and Partington St must have been quite a scrum - hopefully Hornets can attract similar+ in due course!  Perhaps Sheridan can return to better pastures after being released ( 1 of 12) by Oldham, and hopefully fully recovered after his bad injury.

45 minutes ago, glemiln said:

Perhaps Sheridan can return to better pastures after being released ( 1 of 12) by Oldham, and hopefully fully recovered after his bad injury.

He is a terrific player. I wonder if his injury is still bad, as he is certainly one of the best half backs in Championship and League 1.

Well dome to Mayfield on a great season. It has been good on the local scene this year with Waterhead, St Annes, Higginshaw and Saddleworth all having good seasons

Congratulations to Rochdale Mayfield on a great victory against Siddal on Saturday. A brilliant performance and a turn out of over 1,000 spectators. Its on to West Hull away this coming Saturday in the Semi Final. All in all a memorable season for the Field. Third in the league. An away victory against Cornwall in the cup and then running Newcastle very close in the next round. The club is absolutely buzzing. Two open age teams All age groups at junior and youth level. Girls teams, Ladies team and a Masters team. 

• Like 2

:girlwerewolf:  :girldevil: 

I  HAVE NEVER GONE TO BED WITH AN UGLY WOMAN. BUT I HAVE WOKEN UP WITH A FEW

2 hours ago, Anita Bath said:

Not to be. A great season ends one game away from the big dance.

Great shame. 

So close to becoming the first semi pro team to win an amateur league. 

All those ex pro’s and Aussies drafted in at the expense of young Rochdale lads to not even make a final…..

Edited by HornyHornyHorneeet
  • Sad 1

So if we want to watch young Rochdale lads playing we should go to Hornets?

Cant we celebrate both our local teams?

10 years this weekend since our play off win….or doesnt it count because the team wasnt full of Rochdale lads. It was a wonderful day….didnt you enjoy it?

55 minutes ago, Anita Bath said:

So if we want to watch young Rochdale lads playing we should go to Hornets?

Cant we celebrate both our local teams?

10 years this weekend since our play off win….or doesnt it count because the team wasnt full of Rochdale lads. It was a wonderful day….didnt you enjoy it?

The anti Hornets bitterness from Mayfield makes it hard for me and plenty others to support them sadly. 

The current board at Hornets have tried as have former boards but old habits die hard. Some things look like they will never change sadly. 

Sad I know as the town would undoubtably benefit from unity between the professional club and amateurs but it’s clear it won’t happen on the current watch as some of the online vitriol I’ve witnessed is posted by or shared by active Mayfield committee / management members and it’s very clear and obvious that it’s not a situation of Hornets design or making. 

10 years ago I was celebrating like most other Hornets fans in person in Leigh. Was you?  

Edited by HornyHornyHorneeet

I think your question should be “Were you?”.

Indeed I was….a wonderful day. And I was at the Lancs Cup finals, the BBC trophy final and the John Player trophy final.  All losses sadly, so perhaps its a good job I didnt make the 1922 Challenge Cup final.

But given you have a file on me you already know all this and where I am this weekend.

5 hours ago, Anita Bath said:

I think your question should be “Were you?”.

Indeed I was….a wonderful day. And I was at the Lancs Cup finals, the BBC trophy final and the John Player trophy final.  All losses sadly, so perhaps its a good job I didnt make the 1922 Challenge Cup final.

But given you have a file on me you already know all this and where I am this weekend.

🥱

On 30/09/2023 at 20:54, HornyHornyHorneeet said:

Great shame. 

So close to becoming the first semi pro team to win an amateur league. 

All those ex pro’s and Aussies drafted in at the expense of young Rochdale lads to not even make a final…..

What a miserable annoying person you are. I take it that if a player has stopped playing at the semi professional level and still want to play the game he is wrong to do so. Just like Hornets Mayfield are in a transitional season. They survived in the Premier division the previous season on points scored difference. With youth players coming through in the next few seasons this, just like Hornets, was a reset season. I follow social media for both clubs and have not seen any comments slagging Hornets from a Mayfield direction. If four Australians wish to come over for a couple of years and play for Mayfield why is that a problem for you. I take it that the number of Aussies playing and coaching in the Pro game is fine by you.

All the clubs in the higher divisions of the National Conference have ex Pro and Semi Pro players in their teams. If you took the trouble to watch at that level you would be aware of that. Your comments just go to show your ignorance. 

The best thing you can do is support both clubs as Rugby League needs all the support it can get. We don't need people with your attitude.

Edited by Big Doug
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

:girlwerewolf:  :girldevil: 

I  HAVE NEVER GONE TO BED WITH AN UGLY WOMAN. BUT I HAVE WOKEN UP WITH A FEW

It’s a great way to development young players. I watched the Standard Cup final this year and it was a great game. The younger players are benefiting from having ex pros and experienced players around them. Just how it should be. 
Great times again locally with Mayfield, Waterhead, Saddleworth and St Anne’s all on the rise to former glories. 
We need to embrace the game at all levels. 

10 hours ago, Anita Bath said:

I suppose the only common ground between Hornets and Mayfield this year was they both played Cornwall away.

Yes at different stages of the year with different playing personnel.

As the year went on Cornwall recruited from Super League and also took loans and DR players from other Champ/ L1 clubs and managed to win six l1 games knocking off North Wales on their own patch also who went on to make the Grand final.

Hornets season was over by the time they travelled to Cornwall and the team sheet reflected that.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Robert the Builder said:

Seriously you won’t get a straight answer to that. As an observer, you win this one clearly on points. As a side issue - ever wondered who horneehornet is ? I think I know. And it’s hilarious 🤣

Yes I think we all know. In some respects it is hilarious, but on the other hand this used to be a lively discussion board with plenty of contributors. Since some have tried to turn it into a propaganda machine for the ownership the number of contributors has dwindled.  I suppose that was the intention, stifle open discussion.

• Thanks 1