NRL Round 24 Thread

Mam makes it 34 points for Brisbane.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Walters scores for the Broncos - not the first time that sentence has been heard.

He did have to wrestle Ezra Mam for the touchdown, though. :kolobok_biggrin:

Edited by Futtocks

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

10 minutes ago, MZH said:

Parramatta are an odd team. They look great one week and woeful the next. This is definitely the latter. If Brisbane don't put 50 on them I'd be surprised.

I think you can now change "surprised" to "flabbergasted".

42:0

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Just now, MZH said:

Spineless from the Eels. Two tedious games today.

Even though the Eels fell apart after 20 minutes, the Broncos have been good to watch.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

And suddenly the Eels improvise a nice passage of play that sees Russell score out wide.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

15 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Even though the Eels fell apart after 20 minutes, the Broncos have been good to watch.

They've played some good rugby, but it doesn't really count when the opposition is so poor. League 1 teams can look great when they aren't been met with any resistance.

The wonderfully-named Tyson Smoothy takes Brisbane to 46 points with ktc.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Bit late for a comeback, but Brown starts and finishes a try-scoring move.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Walsh scores under the sticks, giving Reynolds a chance to kick his thousandth goal, which he does for 54:10.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

7 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Walsh scores under the sticks, giving Reynolds a chance to kick his thousandth goal, which he does for 54:10.

And that's the final score.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

I don't know why this game is in Cairns. I know the FIFA thing is on but they don't have many matches left so they wouldn't be using every stadium in Sydney. As well, Souths played St George in Wollongong earlier this year so if there was some FIFA interruption why not swap this game with that Wollongong game? Why not play this game at Parra Stadium, since the Parracites were out of town?

St George kick the line dropout 10m over the sideline.

Latrell kicks the penalty

Souths 8 - 0

I wish Blake Lawrie (and Jayden Hunt) would shave off the beards. I keep wondering why St George have signed Ramzan Kadyrov.

Now Souths fail to field the restart and from the resulting scrum Ravalawa try in the corner

13 mins left to HT and St George look dreadful. Players having to reach for passes. Ball going from dummy half to props in attacking situations. Ben Hunt's worst kicking day since ever.