Keighley away up next

Batley Bob

The proof of the Wembley pudding will be next Friday when we see how many of them can find Mount Pleasant GOR! I'll be surprised if we have a carry over from the final, the lads will know that the next door is opening and will have reset.

As I said earlier no easy games in this division especially fighting a team who are facing relegation! That said I just think we made it easy for a not very good keighley side today ! We seem to have got into the habit of starting games slowly with too many mistakes  trying to hard and chasing the game instead of sticking to our processes, it was one of those games where if we did 1 positive there where 2 negatives to follow, we just seem to have lost that grunt we have had for most of the season  to grind out results! Unfortunately it's at the wrong end of the season hopefully it's just a minor blip and we get back on it for Friday against a team going through a similar spell! 

Just heard the Radio Leeds interview; Craig talks about players not upholding the 'processes' but maybe our 'processes' (so many of us old end are so confused by modern parlance) have gone stale through use on use and teams are nullufying them. Do we have any chance of a change to processes to get teams off our backs? Do we have a change of personnel to change the processes? McGowan sounds a doubt, is Kear injured or unavailable? We bring JC back as a competent no1 or Kear comes in there and JC on the wing. We still have 2 other players out on loan and seeing as we were, for reasons which will forever remain unexplained, refused incomers, would it not be expedite to have our squad back together, new challengers for shirts? We need new energy, that much is clear and obvious. What's not clear and obvious is how and where it will come from.

Thought it was a decent game of Rugby league. As bad as results have been this season for us, in most games we've played ok for 55/60 mins and been level on the scoreboard and then have just seemingly given in. It was great to see the effort being there for 80 mins.

On a more sour note it wasn't nice to see Lucas Walshaw physically assault one of our owners. Bang out of order.

Is losing 4 games on the spin and still being in the driving seat for a play off spot not testament to what the boys have done this season? We're living in the hear and now and obviously smarting from a few defeats and lack of form but there is a reason we are 5th and 3 points clear of 7th after 22 gruelling games.  We just have to have faith that the players can dig deep and turn it around. Every team in this league has gone through a sticky patch barring Fev.

Rather be playing Sheffield at home on Friday 4th v 5th battling out for a play off spot than being mid table with nothing to play for. Enjoy these moments.

Bring it on!

• Like 1

I thought we were poor for yesterday against a keighley side that other teams are putting 30, 40 points past them. We might be in a play off place, but them below us are snapping at our heels . Let's hope Greg is not playing on Friday, he is way past it. Let's bring back jc he can still do a job for us.

37 minutes ago, Indigogo said:

Thought it was a decent game of Rugby league. As bad as results have been this season for us, in most games we've played ok for 55/60 mins and been level on the scoreboard and then have just seemingly given in. It was great to see the effort being there for 80 mins.

On a more sour note it wasn't nice to see Lucas Walshaw physically assault one of our owners. Bang out of order.

Nothing happened with Walshaw let’s not start rumours about this… he stuck up for his family who was assaulted 

Edited by Keep The Faith

36 minutes ago, LINNERS said:

Is losing 4 games on the spin and still being in the driving seat for a play off spot not testament to what the boys have done this season? We're living in the hear and now and obviously smarting from a few defeats and lack of form but there is a reason we are 5th and 3 points clear of 7th after 22 gruelling games.  We just have to have faith that the players can dig deep and turn it around. Every team in this league has gone through a sticky patch barring Fev.

Rather be playing Sheffield at home on Friday 4th v 5th battling out for a play off spot than being mid table with nothing to play for. Enjoy these moments.

Bring it on!

We are flogging the same horse with the same players - every other club has players available but we didn’t see fit to bring anyone in but we shall see 

16 minutes ago, Keep The Faith said:

Nothing happened with Walshaw let’s not start rumours about this… he stuck up for his family who was assaulted 

Its not a rumour. I witnessed it happen about 3 yards in front of me. The only person I saw being assaulted was Ryan O'Neil, once by Lucas Walshaw pushing him over, only to be stopped by the advertising boards, and then again by a Batley fan slapping him in the face.

Just now, Indigogo said:

Its not a rumour. I witnessed it happen about 3 yards in front of me. The only person I saw being assaulted was Ryan O'Neil, once by Lucas Walshaw pushing him over, only to be stopped by the advertising boards, and then again by a Batley fan slapping him in the face.

If mr O’Neill was assaulted why wasn’t the local police called? I was there too I saw everything 

13 minutes ago, Keep The Faith said:

If mr O’Neill was assaulted why wasn’t the local police called? I was there too I saw everything 

Maybe they will be contacted retrospectively, that would be up to Ryan. If you saw everything then you saw Walshaw push him over. Why would anyone make that up?

For everyones information the incident was caused by Mr o Neil, I happened to go in the bar after the match which is unusual for me for 1 drink as I was driving home! I happened to be stood at the bar when they ran out of beer as Mr o neil walked past me I just said that it wasn't good organisation running out of beer on a busy day, to which he told me to #### off!  He then told me to get out of the ground as  it was his club!(bit of a throwing a rattle out of his pram incident) then he tried to get several people to man handle me out of the bar as I was going out  there was lots of pushing and shoving and couple altercations which Mr o Neil and several other fans on both sides  were part of, lucas reacted to Mr o Neil's behaviour! As far as I am aware the incident was spoken about and dealt with after and, no further action is to be taken, End of!  Unless Mr o Neil wants to apologise! 

Edited by The scrim reaper

On 16/08/2023 at 10:45, BullyXL said:

Also depends on recovery with the emotional stress from Wembley. That said, traditionally losers at Wembley tend to have a big win the next league game. Remember though that Cougars are fighting for Championship survival so will put up a fight.

I'll remind everyone of my thoughts before the game, as quoted. Yes, we were poor yesterday. Yes, Keighley played better than us, probably the best this season without their lost big names. Yes, our lads were disappointed with the result and by their collective performance. No-one goes out there to lose, but again penalties, unforced and forced errors were our downfall. However, and this is not sour grapes, but Reilly's disallowed try decision was incorrect. I was stood in that corner and he clearly got the ball down on the line and then rolled over it, both TJ and Ref were unsighted and got it wrong. These things happen and maybe could have changed the result, but not the performance!

21 minutes ago, BullyXL said:

I'll remind everyone of my thoughts before the game, as quoted. Yes, we were poor yesterday. Yes, Keighley played better than us, probably the best this season without their lost big names. Yes, our lads were disappointed with the result and by their collective performance. No-one goes out there to lose, but again penalties, unforced and forced errors were our downfall. However, and this is not sour grapes, but Reilly's disallowed try decision was incorrect. I was stood in that corner and he clearly got the ball down on the line and then rolled over it, both TJ and Ref were unsighted and got it wrong. These things happen and maybe could have changed the result, but not the performance!

I was stood right in line with Reilly's try and it looked like he knocked it on to me, so if you are correct, it shows what a difficult decision it was to make because I couldn't have had a better view.

• Like 1

Flogging the same players for the last 3 years is taking it’s toll 

we haven’t brought anyone in mid season since Reilly last April - only so much you can get out of this set of lads shame it looks like we could fall out of the play offs come end of September if we don’t want to go back to the basics which is what got us there 

kibula needs to get hold the ball under his arm and run hard and straight he’d knock a few of them over instead of thinking he’s a 7 in a forwards body, Johnson no offence good player a few year back nothing now was been laughed when walking back by the opposite side, we need to stop been soft and feeling sorry for ourselves 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Keep The Faith said:

Flogging the same players for the last 3 years is taking it’s toll 

You could argue that has been the blueprint to our success,  keeping the same 17/18/19 players on the pitch during that period.  It is bound to catch up with us eventually, but that approach has definitely paid dividends up to now, so we should continue to enjoy it while we can. 

• Like 1

Cheers KTF and Linners, I've said exactly the same things over and over and continually got shouted down on here. And guess what folks....it ain't gunna change unless Jesus himself  makes an appearance and changes half-time draw tickets into money cos atm nobody's going to spend any unless Mokko's got a hold over somebody!!

• 4 weeks later...