Batley - Home

Indigogo

Another tough game for us. I don't think there's any further injuries to report but Lewis Young is suspended following his sin binning at Swinton, so I expect Lloyd Roby to slot in at full back.

I don't think we played particularly bad at Swinton, we just need to be smarter. Completing high and kicking well would be a start, pretty much everything Batley usually do.

I'm really not expecting a lot from Sunday but you just never know. Fingers Crossed!

I remember the end of last football season when Leeds were trying to avoid relegation. There fans were saying we only need to win 3 from our last 10 fixtures and we will stay up. The fact they only won 7 all season tells you that winning 3 games at the end of the season is impossible. 

Were the same desperate fans (me included) keep saying if we can win 2 or 3 more we will be safe. The reality is we have only won 6 all season with a far superior team to what we have now and recently been beaten by all the bottom clubs and won 1 out of our 10 or 11 games.

If we stay up I'll be absolutely amazed but I go home and away each week hoping there is such thing as a miracle. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mr Hicks said:

I remember the end of last football season when Leeds were trying to avoid relegation. There fans were saying we only need to win 3 from our last 10 fixtures and we will stay up. The fact they only won 7 all season tells you that winning 3 games at the end of the season is impossible. 

Were the same desperate fans (me included) keep saying if we can win 2 or 3 more we will be safe. The reality is we have only won 6 all season with a far superior team to what we have now and recently been beaten by all the bottom clubs and won 1 out of our 10 or 11 games.

If we stay up I'll be absolutely amazed but I go home and away each week hoping there is such thing as a miracle. 

well done to you , keep up the support , its very easy to watch a succesfull winning team week in week out .

• Like 2

A great win for you today - it is certainly heating up in the drop zone could any one of us - Swinton (my team) yourselves or Barrow that escape the drop.

Barrow play both Swinton and Keighley I think which ever team wins those encounters will stay up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wayner said:

A great win for you today - it is certainly heating up in the drop zone could any one of us - Swinton (my team) yourselves or Barrow that escape the drop.

Barrow play both Swinton and Keighley I think which ever team wins those encounters will stay up.

I think there are going to be many twists before anything is decided this season.

There really isn't anything to choose between the bottom sides.

It'll all come down to who can handle the pressure the best or maybe a touch of luck.

• Like 1

A great win and a full 80 minute performance to go with it 😄 

We finally had a competent end of set kicker and it made a massive difference. Turning the ball over on our own terms and making them come the full length of the pitch is something we've not done in a long time. 

I can't really fault any of the players, it was a good team performance and I think everyone contributed to it.

Unfortunately after the game I witnessed a Batley player and then fan, assault Ryan O'Neil. That's bang out of order and I think an apology needed. 

1 hour ago, Indigogo said:

A great win and a full 80 minute performance to go with it 😄 

We finally had a competent end of set kicker and it made a massive difference. Turning the ball over on our own terms and making them come the full length of the pitch is something we've not done in a long time. 

I can't really fault any of the players, it was a good team performance and I think everyone contributed to it.

Unfortunately after the game I witnessed a Batley player and then fan, assault Ryan O'Neil. That's bang out of order and I think an apology needed. 

Quite right an apology is needed and I'm willing to accept it! Why don't you read my explanation of what happened(batley forum) then you might know a bit more before jumping to conclusions! 

18 minutes ago, The scrim reaper said:

Quite right an apology is needed and I'm willing to accept it! Why don't you read my explanation of what happened(batley forum) then you might know a bit more before jumping to conclusions! 

No conclusions have been jumped to, I saw it happen.