NRL Round 27 Thread

The last dance

This is a difficult round for tipsters, as Graham has mentioned in another post, teams are resting players if already through and other sides may make significant changes depending upon the results of earlier games affecting their chances of being in the top eight

Brisbane Broncos v Melbourne Storm - Both sides due to play each other in the first round of the playoffs and both making heaps of changes. This is a real stab in the dark game but the Bronx are at home.

Manly Sea Eagles v West Tigers - Both sides at full strength bar injuries and suspensions with nothing hanging on the game. Maybe theManly  Seabirds will reprise one last time their victory routine...

Sydney Roosters v South Sydney - No love lost here, and vital for both clubs so both at full strength bar injuries and suspensions. Sam Walker plays for the Roosters. Not sure home advantage counts either way so much for Sydney sides.

Dolphins v Warriors - The Dolphins have faded but are in with a chance here against a Warriors side resting players in a game that could be a freewheeling points fest.

Penrith Panthers v North Queensland Cowboys - A top match up, the Penny Panthers licking their wounds from being schooled by the Eels in last weks stunner, Against a Cows theam that needs to win to be in. Panther Power for me

St George-Illawarra v Newcastle Knights - Upset alert, the Knights on a seven match roll are resting a few and have Ponga and possibly Hastings out. SGI hanging tough in defeat have Jack De Belin back. I would be more confident if playing at the 'gong as opposed to Kogarah, but perhaps Knights fans might feel a defeat here snapping the winning streak perversely is a monkey off their back come the playoffs.

Gold Coast Titans v Canterbury Bulldogs - Titans at full strength and If England won the "moral" Ashes at Cricket then the Dogs are the "moral" wooden spooners after the money spent and pre-season hype. Although the way reports coming out of Belmore have been this week probably "Woody", moving over from comfortable digs at Concord would immediately want away from the downcast dogs. Another freewheling points fest may be with two sides who are not into defence.

Cronulla Sharks v Canberra Raiders - A game that might be influenced by the outcome from Roosters-Wabbits. But the Sharkies faded in the last 20 against the Knights and should have Nicho Hynes back Craig Fitzgibbon will be looking for a performance herr regardless. The recknoing for Ricky's Raiders. Sharkies for me even if although if Ricky was reading he might well tall me to

https://preview.redd.it/7js3gzrkwfkb1.gif?width=426&format=mp4&s=8bb8ca17a7428b493fadfddfb832e9d01731f79a

As ever good luck with your tips

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

1 hour ago, THE RED ROOSTER said:

St George-Illawarra v Newcastle Knights - Upset alert, the Knights on a seven match roll are resting a few and have Ponga and possibly Hastings out. SGI hanging tough in defeat have Jack De Belin back. I would be more confident if playing at the 'gong as opposed to Kogarah, but perhaps Knights fans might feel a defeat here snapping the winning streak perversely is a monkey off their back come the playoffs.

Those would be my sentiments. It's hard enough coming into a finals series where you've already over-achieved based on most people's expectations without having unbeaten runs hanging over you.

last week of the season and only two ‘dead’ games (manly v wests, titans v bulldogs)…thats amazing. Also amazing that the schedule has those two at the two least favourable times for TV ratings, given that unlike AFL, dates and times are set at the start of the season.

Brisbane Broncos vs Melbourne Storm

7.50pm AEST at Suncorp Stadium

Broncos team: 1. Tristan Sailor 2. Corey Oates 3. Jesse Arthars 4. Delouise Hoeter 5. Jordan Pereira 6. Joshua Rogers 7. Jock Madden 8. Thomas Flegler 9. Tyson Smoothy 10. Corey Jensen 11. Brendan Piakura 12. Jordan Riki 13. Keenan Palasia

14. Blake Mozer 15. Cory Paix 16. Xavier Willison 17. Martin Taupau

18. Benjamin Te Kura 19. Israel Leota

Storm team: 1. Ryan Papenhuyzen 5. Reimis Smith 3. Justin Olam 4. Young Tonumaipea 18. Grant Anderson 6. Jayden Nikorima 7. Tyran Wishart 8. Tariq Sims 9. Bronson Garlick 10. Tepai Moeroa 11. Chris Lewis 19. Joe Chan 13. Josh King

14. Sualauvi Faalogo 15. Alec MacDonald 16. Aaron Pene 17. Jack Howarth

21. Cole Geyer 22. Tristan Powell