Swinton H

HP Beans

Sammut gets a lot of stick on this forum - yesterday I thought he was an excellent team player. His defence was good and at every break in play he was talking to the other players and urging them on. It could well be that his presence concemtrates the minds of the opposition and gives Johnson abit more time.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bruner said:

greg Worthington is also worth a mention. i think he has been grate at prop

Sammut was good yesterday.  It's not all about fancy tricks. His dropout from under our sticks regained by Brand was excellent.  If that had not of come off we would of been slagging him but no one has mentioned it because it came off. Give the guy credit as his team play yesterday,  as already mentioned,  was very good.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Ulverstonian said:

Sammut was good yesterday.  It's not all about fancy tricks. His dropout from under our sticks regained by Brand was excellent.  If that had not of come off we would of been slagging him but no one has mentioned it because it came off. Give the guy credit as his team play yesterday,  as already mentioned,  was very good.

People are very quick to pile on players after some poor performances, forgetting how good he was last season for us. Yes, he has been more cold than hot this season, but don't think you can say he's given up or doesn't care

2 hours ago, Raider83 said:

Yes Sammut can be frustrating at times and some things he tries doesn't come off but I'm a fan of his. Atleast he does things different, when it comes off its absolutely brilliant. I'd be more than happy to have him with us next season

Agreed. Would much prefer him in the team to playing against him !

1 hour ago, Bring back GB said:

Agreed. Would much prefer him in the team to playing against him !

Definitely! Has that touch of class that can win games. Understand that sometimes he makes you pull your hair out but you need someone like that, someone that can go that little extra 

Like others have said he can drive you crazy sometimes but he does have an unpredictability about him that makes him very dangerous on his day ,and in a lot of games you need that bit of magic, people slaughtered miloudi for it but now moan now he's gone ,tough decision to be made there as balancing his ability against what he's reportedly earning ,and does he now do it often enough, personally I'd offload him if finances are going to be tighter 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, ghost of uncle fester said:

Like others have said he can drive you crazy sometimes but he does have an unpredictability about him that makes him very dangerous on his day ,and in a lot of games you need that bit of magic, people slaughtered miloudi for it but now moan now he's gone ,tough decision to be made there as balancing his ability against what he's reportedly earning ,and does he now do it often enough, personally I'd offload him if finances are going to be tighter 

13 clubs in 17 years says it all to me. Three years at Penrith Panthers was his longest stint at 3 seasons! 

I'll be happy enough if he's here next year but he can't go on forever: That elusive X factor is going to have to come from someone else a year or two down the line.

• Like 1