Next Coach

STEVE P

At the presentation evening MS said that he had received 20+ applications and hoped to be able to make am appointment within two weeks. So that would be by the end of this week - allow for a bit of slippage and I would hope that we would know by the 22nd.

Just my guess by the way, no insider knowledge at all.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

9 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

At the presentation evening MS said that he had received 20+ applications and hoped to be able to make am appointment within two weeks. So that would be by the end of this week - allow for a bit of slippage and I would hope that we would know by the 22nd.

Just my guess by the way, no insider knowledge at all.

Ta.

Good to know that there has been plenty of interest.

1 hour ago, creditwhereitsdews said:

Sooner the better. It feels like a lot of momentum from winning League One has already been lost, when we could be securing players for next season and stealing a march on our rivals.

Clear up a few facts

Nobody is stealing a march on us as teams don't know what money they are getting, until then players won't be offered contracts.. There's a great uncertainty with players where they are going to be and what they are going for.

We will lose players that's just how the game is, they will leave for more money, better team, closer to home, a variety of reasons. 

Players will retire. 

For Mark the club runs 24/7 out of season, just because we're not playing doesn't mean the club is dormant. 

Talks with players and any potential coach will have taken place, with the latter reaching a conclusion very soon. 

Let's sit back and watch the show 😁

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Of those 20+ applicants, you can bet around half the number will from no-hopers who just put their name forward, probably to every club seeking a new coach. 

It takes time to sift through all the names, thus slowing down the process of appointing a new head coach. 

• Like 3
Legs, Dews, Legs.

2 hours ago, Crown Flatter said:

Of those 20+ applicants, you can bet around half the number will from no-hopers who just put their name forward, probably to every club seeking a new coach. 

It takes time to sift through all the names, thus slowing down the process of appointing a new head coach. 

It doesn't take long to sift no hopers. It's usually more around arranging interviews for the real contenders around work, holidays etc.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, RugbyPowelly said:

I reckon Dale Ferguson (for what it’s worth)

12 hours ago, coolie said:

No qualifications I'm lead to believe🤔

8 minutes ago, SUPERSTUD said:

Sam Burgess not got them either. All leagues come under the same RFL umbrella. Minefield if RFL start being selective. 

Do we know if Dale Ferguson has aspirations to be a coach?

• Like 1
Legs, Dews, Legs.

8 hours ago, feelslikezoom86 said:

Any Rumours on the applicants ? any EX players do we think ? Foreign Coaches ? already out of work coaches ? I assume we wont buy out a contract from a coach that's already in a job.

Is anyone in the know on here 

There's always someone in the know on this forum, but they wouldn't let the cat out if the bag until the official announcement is made.

• Like 2

Dale Ferguson is clearly the cheaper option. He’s a massive gamble compared to other more proven options.

Let’s hope he can keep some of the better lads but not just choose his mates. I’ve seen it over and over where that happens in these situations.

But enough cynicism, I sincerely wish him the very best in what will undoubtedly be a very difficult role in the Championship.

15 hours ago, RugbyPowelly said:

Dale Ferguson is clearly the cheaper option. He’s a massive gamble compared to other more proven options.

Let’s hope he can keep some of the better lads but not just choose his mates. I’ve seen it over and over where that happens in these situations.

But enough cynicism, I sincerely wish him the very best in what will undoubtedly be a very difficult role in the Championship.

Life's a gamble

If you don't give someone a job, how are they to get experience 🤔

Castleford took a gamble on Last, didn't work out

Batley have taken a gamble on Moxon

Widnes took a gamble on an experienced John Kear.. Didn't work out

Kevin Nicholas took a gamble on Craig Lingard.. Worked out

Nothing is guaranteed for success 

The Only guarantee is the journey 

And Dale's journey is about to start 🤔

Edited by coolie
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, coolie said:

Life's a gamble

If you do to give someone a job, how are they to get experience 🤔

Castleford took a gamble on Last, didn't work out

Batley have taken a gamble on Moxon

Widnes took a gamble on an experienced John Kear.. Didn't work out

Kevin Nicholas took a gamble on Craig Lingard.. Worked out

Nothing is guaranteed for success 

The Only guarantee is the journey 

And Dale's journey is about to start 🤔

When you gamble you should always play the odds. 

But I’m with you. Let’s back him all the way!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, RugbyPowelly said:

When you gamble you should always play the odds. 

But I’m with you. Let’s back him all the way!

Just out of interest and I am neither agreeing or disagreeing with any of your previous comments. Who do you think should have been appointed Dewsbury Rams next head coach?