Jermaine McGillvary

4 hours ago, StandOffHalf said:

“No one shook my hand and said ‘you’ve done well’ or ‘you’ve helped the club’. To get the news as a phone call after 16 years of my life dedicated to Huddersfield, and to only get the call because of a presentation evening where they were going to release that I was retiring, I think it’s a bit s*it.''

Giants lacking some class there.  16 years and get treated like that.  Really poor form.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, StandOffHalf said:

“No one shook my hand and said ‘you’ve done well’ or ‘you’ve helped the club’. To get the news as a phone call after 16 years of my life dedicated to Huddersfield, and to only get the call because of a presentation evening where they were going to release that I was retiring, I think it’s a bit s*it.''

Absolute rubbish that, particulalry after he was so loyal for 16 years and could have left to join practically anyone after the 2017 World Cup.

Edited by Damien
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, Lowdesert said:

doesn’t sound as if it was a very professional way to let Jerry know.  Just a few hours before the club announced it.

https://www.loverugbyleague.com/post/jermaine-mcgillvary-breaks-silence-on-sit-huddersfield-giants-exit-im-gutted-it-should-have-been-handled-better

It's a disgrace that he wasn't treated with proper respect and given a proper send off.

The fans, led by the HGSA will do their bit tonight but it shouldn't be up to the fans should it?

Edited by meast
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, meast said:

It's a disgrace that he wasn't treated with proper respect and given a proper send off.

The fans, led by the HGSA will do their bit tonight but it shouldn't be up to the fans should it?

Never gave anything less than 100%.  Defended strong, scored at whatever level he played at for years then a quick phone call from Watson.  

The measure of two men.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bratman said:

A great player and reached legendary status with his WC performances in 2017. Seems like a genuinely nice person as well.

He is indeed an absolutely grounded and genuinely nice bloke to talk to, and it was only Ken's sizable wallet that stopped him from becoming a 'Wiganer' back in the day.

The fact that he now questions the wisdom of staying loyal, shows the level of hurt from his recent treatment. and still no word from the club!

With a £2.5 million debt and the HR skills of Deliveroo, it seems that it's not only Watto with some sole searching to do this off season. 

• Sad 1

12 hours ago, Damien said:

That's actually quite tough to watch and take in really, 16 years of pure joy and brilliance from the most likeable person involved in Rugby League in this country - A true meaning of the word Legend.

Thank You for all the memories Jerry.

• Like 4