More disciplinary controversy

Just now, Padge said:

Correct, the weekend of the international their reserves had a game which covered their suspensions. I don't recall a beep about it on here.

You can portray it as an anti-Wigan thing if that makes you feel better, but in reality, it's far simpler than that. This will have passed by most people, it wasn't a big story. We are now in the playoffs, the biggest games of the year and these stories become bigger. 

Not unlike last year's furore over Bateman and Knowles at this stage.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Dave T said:

You can portray it as an anti-Wigan thing if that makes you feel better, but in reality, it's far simpler than that. This will have passed by most people, it wasn't a big story. We are now in the playoffs, the biggest games of the year and these stories become bigger. 

Agreed and there’s no escaping this so I would be in favour of tightening up the rules. 

12 minutes ago, Dave T said:

If it had been Hull KR it would have been shrugged off, Its not a good look, but it has been used for ages without a TRL Forum 7 page meltdown.

I really can't be @r$3d posting my thoughts as it will just get ooh WDL, ooh you would say that, its pathetic.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

7 hours ago, Padge said:

it has been used for ages without a TRL Forum 7 page meltdown

Is seven pages the requirement for a meltdown?

It's just that every time this comes up - and it's often enough that there are recent examples we can refer to - there is criticism and a general belief that the rule is wrong and should be changed.

• Like 2

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

12 hours ago, Padge said:

If it had been Hull KR it would have been shrugged off, Its not a good look, but it has been used for ages without a TRL Forum 7 page meltdown.

I really can't be @r$3d posting my thoughts as it will just get ooh WDL, ooh you would say that, its pathetic.

If it had been HKR doing this during the play offs, then there would have been a thread very similar to this one.

Fact is, it was earlier in the season involving Castleford, who were fighting relegation - No one noticed/worried about it effecting the competition, except perhaps Wakefield fans that may have been affected.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Click said:

If it had been HKR doing this during the play offs, then there would have been a thread very similar to this one.

Fact is, it was earlier in the season involving Castleford, who were fighting relegation - No one noticed/worried about it effecting the competition, except perhaps Wakefield fans that may have been affected.

If it's wrong , it's wrong , be that a friendly , start of the season , mid season , end of season , play offs or indeed Internationally 

RFL , sort it out 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

If it's wrong , it's wrong , be that a friendly , start of the season , mid season , end of season , play offs or indeed Internationally 

RFL , sort it out 

I agree on this, I think the loophole definitely needs to be closed. I don't see it happening as the RFL themselves have used it, as mentioned previously in this thread.

But this situation has an impact on one of the most important games of the season, and it should be looked at and recified to not happen again IMO

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1