24 Squad

gilbert08

Barrow have been shafted by saints they told them they would pay 3x what they got. Tom Walker is seen as one of the best props in Championship so 15k to 20k is more than a competitive price. Haven have been shafted in past in same scenarios so either Tom comes back and plays or someone stumps up cash.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Haven 123 said:

Barrow have been shafted by saints they told them they would pay 3x what they got. Tom Walker is seen as one of the best props in Championship so 15k to 20k is more than a competitive price. Haven have been shafted in past in same scenarios so either Tom comes back and plays or someone stumps up cash.

Is that true? Surely there is some sort of written agreement that Barrow would receive X amount if the move was to be made permanent?

They can’t just say “we’ll have him but we’re only giving you 30% of what we agreed”

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Marrafan said:

He’s got another year. Barrow got into him, unsettled him then refused to pay as they wanted him for nothing. If he misses out next season then that is entirely Barrows fault. Shame because he is too good to be sitting on his backside. At the same time can’t blame Haven for not wanting to just give him to a rival team.

Can't see Barrow being at fault for unsettling him when his current club couldn't pay him.

I'm sure if the shoe was on the other foot and Barrow couldn't pay a players wage and that said player refused to train, Whitehaven would jump at the chance to sign them.  

• Like 1
BarrowRaiders-Enforcer-1.png

18 minutes ago, Masters 13 said:

Can't see Barrow being at fault for unsettling him when his current club couldn't pay him.

I'm sure if the shoe was on the other foot and Barrow couldn't pay a players wage and that said player refused to train, Whitehaven would jump at the chance to sign them.  

My apologies for even suggesting Barrow could be at fault for anything. I should have known better. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Marrafan said:

My apologies for even suggesting Barrow could be at fault for anything. I should have known better. 

It appears to me that Barrow have tried to come with a solution to assist an unsettled player. Any club would just like J Carter signing for Whitehaven.

Simple really.

56 minutes ago, Masters 13 said:

It appears to me that Barrow have tried to come with a solution to assist an unsettled player. Any club would just like J Carter signing for Whitehaven.

Simple really.

And that's fine, but the point where the problem arises is that barrow never went through the correct channels. They should of contacted the club directly rather than the coach ringing the player and doing it that way 

• Like 1

On 25/11/2023 at 21:52, ghost of uncle fester said:

JG James greenwood

SD Sam dowsett 

Bw Brad walker 

Rs Ramon Silva 

That'd be my guess 

3 out of 4 are correct. No word on Sam Dowsett? He was in the training squad. Are we now done with the 2 remaining signings? (Plus Tom Walker). Does this mean Cresswell will be Wood's interchange? Can't Wood play 80 mins like the backs do? So many questions, so few answers. Sigh....

Edited by 2Cents
  • Like 1

Barrow seem to let unsettled players leave without any arguments I was suprised Carter left mid season to a relegation rival. Cant blame Haven for holding out for some cash especially after last seasons financial woes.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, 2Cents said:

3 out of 4 are correct. No word on Sam Dowsett? He was in the training squad. Are we now done with the 2 remaining signings? (Plus Tom Walker). Does this mean Cresswell will be Wood's interchange? Can't Wood play 80 mins like the backs do? So many questions, so few answers. Sigh....

Guessing dowsett alongside likes of max Moore are trialling to prove their worth ,as was described regarding Dan toal, assuming he does he'd most likely be back up to wood ,also the Jacques O'Neill conundrum/rumour ,another hooker that's unattached but may cost a few quid ,still expecting their to be a favourable resolution to tom walker,still plenty of time , sometimes people panic without realising deals have been done just like Brad walker ,was in the dunes pics,also seen with squad in gym ,but was a while before was announced 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone heard anything at all on the signings front? 

I have half a feeling we will use the pre season games to run the rule over several trial players who look to earn contracts rather than sign anymore.

also do think we will look to use the duel reg system this coming season.

Edited by gilbert08
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, gilbert08 said:

I have half a feeling we will use the pre season games to run the rule over several trial players who look to earn contracts rather than sign anymore.

I thought I heard a while back that Barrow was hoping and expecting to go duel reg with Wigan but Wakefield have since got that deal. 

With any luck and the best possible dual reg prospect would be to go with Leigh Leopards who don't have an academy side.  They have spent heavily on one team and their fringe players would be good at championship level.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, gilbert08 said:

Heard we’re in talks with a grand final winning hooker I’ll give u a clue initials AS 👀 heard it here first 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Rod77 said:

Heard we’re in talks with a grand final winning hooker I’ll give u a clue initials AS 👀 heard it here first 

Aarons smith, struggled with form and injuries since leaving saints, was at Rochdale last year on loan I believe. That being said believe he would be a very good signing 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rod77 said:

From what Cresta said at the season ticket holders meeting I don't think it's this guy we're trying to sign. 

• Like 1