24 Squad

gilbert08

4 hours ago, pennington said:

I could be wrong but I’ve heard a player on loan. Who is ex St Helens. I think it’s Aaron Smith, like i said don’t shoot me down if im wrong 😂

That would be a cracking signing.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jarc said:

Notice Makin is playing for Wigan kids against Midlands Hurricanes this weekend.. seems odd when a deals already agreed?

It said when we signed him he would complete pre season with Wigan before linking up with us. 

• Like 1

5 young locals signed as back-ups.

Barrow Raiders are please to announce that we have signed five of our young starlets on dual registration forms following them all performing with distinction in our trial matches.
The quintet, Max Anderson-Moore, Roly Seward, Connor Terrill, Finlay Dutton-Rosconie and Finn McMillan, will all continue to train with the senior side and be available for selection, but also be able to get game time with their community clubs.
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, Masters 13 said:

Hmm.. still intrigued. 🤔

He obviously enjoys teasing people with his “I know something you don’t” comments

Sounds like a signing will be announced very soon, Smith I assume

• Like 2

I'd say the squad is comfortably better than last year now. 

In November the club was getting bashed all over social media, I wish people would be more positive. The clubs going in the right direction. 

• Like 4

I’d agree with RSN regarding the squad being extremely strong this year, fair play to everyone involved in putting this group together, can only see us winning the derby games comfortably and finishing much higher in the league this season 🤞

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Border raider said:

I’d agree with RSN regarding the squad being extremely strong this year, fair play to everyone involved in putting this group together, can only see us winning the derby games comfortably and finishing much higher in the league this season 🤞

Haven have assembled a really  decent squad as well so no easy derby pickings this year (as it wasn't last either). Donny and others have also strengthened really well so its going to be another tough season but, on paper, we have recruited really well.

One area we look a bit off after the friendlies is our defensive line speed as both Cru and Hunslet made big yards when attacking us (in my opinion).

• Like 3

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

56 minutes ago, morty said:

Haven have assembled a really  decent squad as well so no easy derby pickings this year (as it wasn't last either). Donny and others have also strengthened really well so its going to be another tough season but, on paper, we have recruited really well.

One area we look a bit off after the friendlies is our defensive line speed as both Cru and Hunslet made big yards when attacking us (in my opinion).

This should come with match fitness hopefully 🤞🏻

• Like 1