24 Squad

gilbert08

22 minutes ago, bruner said:

danny langtrree has now left barrow to so will we use the money from him and tee to sign some more players,,,?

Where is this mate?

that 2 year deal can’t have been worth the paper it was written on. 

• Like 1

Without trying to sound controversial, a lot of Championship clubs have or are recruiting seasoned SL players. We look to be only recruiting a majority local players who just managed to avoid relegation at the end of the season. 

With Toulouse and now Wakefield being in the championship, I hope we as a club look further afield to strengthen the squad. 

• Like 2
BarrowRaiders-Enforcer-1.png

1 hour ago, RLDB said:

Club are receiving £20,000 for Ritson. That’s the amount the club put in the clause in case a Super League club came in for him. 

Being a mere supporter, I've no clue of what would have been a fair or realistic amount in his contract, but I was hoping for more, at least £50K.

We received a World Record transfer fee of £28K from Hull K.R. for Phil Hogan back in 1978, some 45 years ago.

Maybe this wasn't a transfer fee as such but a contract buy out with a £20K transfer clause, which is abysmal for the leading try-scorer in the Championship for 2021 and 2022 with 35 tries each year.

On the other-hand Tee's contract may have been signed before the 2021 season and after that his value increased substantially meaning as per usual we got the short end of the stick.

I'm sure someone will know the details. 

Edited by 2Cents

Tbf I think 20k is a good amount nowadays,at the time of the deal the chairman stated the club did not want to stand in tees way to SL. I think if they'd have put an unrealistic amount on his head it'd ruined any chance of him getting his dream move .only have to look at the situation Bradford had over ebon scurr ,two massive SL clubs wanted him ,Bradford put 40k on his head and the clubs walked away and ruined his dream move  .now he's still at Bradford probably not as good as he was at the time and may not ever get the chance again .it's pretty good on barrows part that they may have foregone a bit more money for the sake of letting a lad fulfill his dream .I say fairplay 

• Like 5

33 minutes ago, Clarkey said:

The club only has till the 1st Nov to get Gillam on contract before he can go on the open market. 

It might not mean anything but it was encouraging to see him there with the chairman accepting the Foundation of the Year award a couple of weeks ago. 

Not sure if he'd be front and centre representing the club if he was thinking of leaving. 

As regards signings in general, I'm not keen on the drip-feeding of information on who's signed on or not.

I know it's supposed to build excitement but it feeds too much rumour mongering for my liking. 

14 minutes ago, Dave W said:

It might not mean anything but it was encouraging to see him there with the chairman accepting the Foundation of the Year award a couple of weeks ago. 

Not sure if he'd be front and centre representing the club if he was thinking of leaving. 

As regards signings in general, I'm not keen on the drip-feeding of information on who's signed on or not.

I know it's supposed to build excitement but it feeds too much rumour mongering for my liking. 

He's still working for advantage. 

1 hour ago, Dave W said:

Is that what the Raiders do,drip feed information?

Maybe it takes time to speak to individuals and come to agreements?

I’m not involved with the club and can only go from what press releases they put out.

There seem to be a lot of people asking questions on various things and not liking that they don’t get answers,maybe there is good reason for that.

IF anybody wants to know the ins and outs,maybe they should join the board as ST holder and help out a bit?

31 minutes ago, RLDB said:

Not sure Langtree would be a massive loss, yes he’s a quality player but he’s missed a lot of games these last 2 seasons. 

He has but he will still be a big loss for me. One of my favourite players over the last 10 years or so. 

• Like 1

Should always reserve judgement till we see who his replacement is,yeah he wasn't easy on the eye or great line breaker but lad put a shift in defensively, personally thought he was decent in the run to play offs in 22,it's the old adage,ain't about who goes it's all about who replaces them,me personally I didn't mind him and I'd take him everyday over Evans who's total pants and most likely bagging alot more ££££