Championship Meeting

33 minutes ago, Rovers13 said:

So just because we didn’t make it we should give up? Love your way of thinking in life don’t get another job if you don’t want to better yourself. 

indeed, no keep trying but remember that next time it's not so much what you do on the field as when you do off it.

times change and what we did in the 70s and 80s is not what we do now.

we have gone away from small club been run by the local butcher as part of a committee of local people to a business that runs as such.

sure, every team can try for the dream but reality say if you don't have that strong business behind the team then you don't have what's needed for long term success. what's needed is a long-term business that will make money nearly every year.

do i think it's right that it should be so. well, no i would much prefer how it was back in the 1960s when i started watching but there again  i don't dream of the past i look to the future and im afraid what i liked back then will not sustain the game in the future. WE EITHER ADAPT AND CHANGE OR THE GAME GOES THE WAY OF SHINTY.

shinty used to b e a major sport in Scotland and now struggles in isolated areas in the north of Scotland.  seems not too different from our game's future if we don't embrace change.

2 minutes ago, paul hicks said:

indeed, no keep trying but remember that next time it's not so much what you do on the field as when you do off it.

times change and what we did in the 70s and 80s is not what we do now.

we have gone away from small club been run by the local butcher as part of a committee of local people to a business that runs as such.

sure, every team can try for the dream but reality say if you don't have that strong business behind the team then you don't have what's needed for long term success. what's needed is a long-term business that will make money nearly every year.

do i think it's right that it should be so. well, no i would much prefer how it was back in the 1960s when i started watching but there again  i don't dream of the past i look to the future and im afraid what i liked back then will not sustain the game in the future. WE EITHER ADAPT AND CHANGE OR THE GAME GOES THE WAY OF SHINTY.

shinty used to b e a major sport in Scotland and now struggles in isolated areas in the north of Scotland.  seems not too different from our game's future if we don't embrace change.

I get that but doesn’t mean I will be going along with the ride or others, everyone as opinions no one will agree very rarely anyway, as the uk mentality now a days is to insult or start an argument just for the sake of it. 

8 minutes ago, Carlisle1921 said:

Its not a poor sport, its the best sport in the world just unfortunately in the Northern Hemisphere we continually shoot ourselves in the foot!

I agree with you it’s best sport in the world but 97% of population disagree with us both. 

Edited by Rovers13

2 minutes ago, Derwent Parker said:

You're not in SL - Use Championship mantra??

I’ve said numerous times I’d let you in but that’s my opinion, I’ve no financial evidence or anything, I’d do it to save clubs but that’s just me as I hate to see clubs go to the wall. Unless they’re SL clubs lol. 

Edited by Rovers13

54 minutes ago, Rovers13 said:

We weren’t kicked out? You for real? We finished 9th above the relegation spots PSG came along we got booted like most heartland clubs do for joke expansion clubs. 

A 30 year old grudge - WOW

I hate Germans cos they bomber our chippy  - that's bigger - I win - LOL

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Derwent Parker said:

A 30 year old grudge - WOW

I hate Germans cos they bomber our chippy  - that's bigger - I win - LOL

Old people don’t forgive or forget, we weren’t brought up like youth today. It hurt my club massively and we still haven’t recovered. Maybe that’s why the sport is in state it’s in because it’s hurt alot of clubs and they’ve never recovered so fans walked away. 

Edited by Rovers13

3 minutes ago, Derwent Parker said:

I beg to differ - it was my distinguished team who finished 9th. M'Lud

Either way does it matter where anyone finished if it wasn’t a relegation spot, all got dirty done on them. Yet your club as suffered more than mine, so don’t understand why your so forgiving tbh. 

Edited by Rovers13
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Rovers13 said:

Either way does it matter where anyone finished if it wasn’t a relegation spot, all got dirty done on them. Yet your club as suffered more than mine, so don’t understand why your so forgiving tbh. 

As a southerner I'll chip in.

My clubs. Crusaders gone, ( I even moved to Wales for them! Still support the national side for my sins)

Scorpions gone.

Moved to midlands and supported cov bears gone. Now midlands hurricanes are on the brink of not having a league so that will 4 teams.

Stop ####### and moaning or I'll support your team and that'll finish them off as well.

Edited by Midlands hobo
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Rovers13 said:

Because its sport?

You win - you lose,

Cant be bitter about it.

Was better before SKY money because that drove wedges between divisions - which in my opinion ruined the game "AS A WHOLE"

Improved SL but nothing else

But that's history?@?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Derwent Parker said:

Because its sport?

You win - you lose,

Cant be bitter about it.

Was better before SKY money because that drove wedges between divisions - which in my opinion ruined the game "AS A WHOLE"

Improved SL but nothing else

But that's history?@?

That’s up to you if you forgive I’m not so forgiving, SL ruined the game, clubs got greedy and now they’re getting Even more greedy because they’ve seen the money notes. If a SL club goes bust I will have a party, If a club outside top flight goes bust I will be sad. 

Edited by Rovers13
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Midlands hobo said:

As a southerner I'll chip in.

My clubs. Crusaders gone, ( I even moved to Wales for them! Still support the national side for my sins)

Scorpions gone.

Moved to midlands and supported cov bears gone. Now midlands hurricanes are on the brink of not having a league so that will 4 teams.

Stop ####### and moaning or I'll support your team and that'll finish them off as well.

Brilliant - P>S. Are you a Gypsy [hope that dont ban me again]

Dont know what you are allowed to say nowadays???????

2 minutes ago, RigbyLuger said:

If Wakefield hadn't won the 1998 Grand Final, where would Fev be now, apart from being dead?

You could flip that where would wakey be today? Wakey and c@s got more support because they were in SL not because they’re bigger clubs. 

Edited by Rovers13
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Rovers13 said:

And they covered all this in the championship meeting. No wonder they haven’t released a statement yet. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Rovers13 said:

That’s up to you if you forgive I’m not so forgiving, SL ruined the game, clubs got greedy and now they’re getting Even more greedy because they’ve seen the money notes. If a SL club goes bust I will have a party, If a club outside top flight goes bust I will be sad. 

I agree with you that SL ruined the game, clubs got greedy and now they’re getting Even more greedy?

But I dont want to lose any team .

But am Happy to have a party about anything else???