Next season's competition..

creditwhereitsdews

Tonight's shock result with London beating Fev means we should have a few money-spinning derbies next year: Wakey, Fev, B*tley, Bradford and Fax.
And one less long-distance trip to London or Toulouse. A good result for the club coffers – Barrow, Widnes, Donny and the like might a bring a few too. Just need confirmation of what the format is going to be now. Come on RFL, pull your finger out. 

• Like 2

All good if you factor in 5 losses home and away

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

On 08/10/2023 at 20:46, creditwhereitsdews said:

Tonight's shock result with London beating Fev means we should have a few money-spinning derbies next year: Wakey, Fev, B*tley, Bradford and Fax.
And one less long-distance trip to London or Toulouse. A good result for the club coffers – Barrow, Widnes, Donny and the like might a bring a few too. Just need confirmation of what the format is going to be now. Come on RFL, pull your finger out. 

The knowledgeable word is that the format will be unchanged. That wouldn't require any announcement, would it?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Was it such a shock? 

A team with winning momentum away from home against the yearly bottlers 🤔

All about perspective 😉

• Like 1

Remember a few seasons back when we played Bradford on a beautiful, sunny afternoon and saw a record crowd at the ground? With a bit of luck in a few directions - form/weather/away support, the club could maybe achieve the same thing next year when it plays Wakefield. 

We might get the chance to have a wee in the new bogs behind the sticks as well. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Well, another trip to France beckons unless something unexpected happens.

• Like 1

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

3 hours ago, coolie said:

Talk of the French returning to a more local competition rumoured

Only tittle tattle.. 🤔

We will see

It is autumn - rumour season.

17 hours ago, Crown Flatter said:

Yet with the club’s imminent takeover, it seems it’s same as before. 

Also informed talk that, no matter where they finish in the league, under the proposed IMG scoring system London will be relegated next season and probably replaced by Toulouse.

2 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

Also informed talk that, no matter where they finish in the league, under the proposed IMG scoring system London will be relegated next season and probably replaced by Toulouse.

Difficult for any player to leave a current well paid job to sign full time for London next season knowing that it is likely to be a flirting visit to the top table. I wonder if the goalposts will change now they are in with a special dispensation being issued due to the locality of the club! Allocated a guaranteed longer period in SL to see if they can strengthen all round etc. Anything is possible with the decision makers in this game.

• Like 1

Well next season will definitely be a lucrative one compared with League One. As a club we should definitely not be crying financial wolf come the end of the 2024 season. We have some cracking home attendance filling games upon the horizon. No behind the scenes excuses whatsoever. No matter where we finish this is a nailed on lucrative one.

15 hours ago, SUPERSTUD said:

Well next season will definitely be a lucrative one compared with League One. As a club we should definitely not be crying financial wolf come the end of the 2024 season. We have some cracking home attendance filling games upon the horizon. No behind the scenes excuses whatsoever. No matter where we finish this is a nailed on lucrative one.

Nothing can possibly go wrong - as we were saying in January 2020!

On first inspection our IMG ranking doesn’t look great been ranked 27/35 and behind the likes of Swinton, Oldham and Batley.

However at least we will know what we need to do to improve “If” we want to progress in the box ticking / spreadsheet era of RL

If not as SS has said we should at least be able to enjoy some decent attendances and bar takings for at least one season.

Hopefully we will have a committed and competitive team that we can all get behind.

rambo.gif

1 hour ago, Rambo said:

On first inspection our IMG ranking doesn’t look great been ranked 27/35 and behind the likes of Swinton, Oldham and Batley.

However at least we will know what we need to do to improve “If” we want to progress in the box ticking / spreadsheet era of RL

If not as SS has said we should at least be able to enjoy some decent attendances and bar takings for at least one season.

Hopefully we will have a committed and competitive team that we can all get behind.

To a club like ours these rankings are fairly immaterial. The categorisations are currently the most important thing - if you are class A then you are in SL and cannot drop out, if you are class B then you can get into SL if there are places available, if you are class C then you can only play in the Championship or C1 as they are presently constituted. As a club I believe that we have no aspiration to be in SL so being restricted to Championship level fits in fine with our status.

What these rankings and the underlying criteria do achieve, however, is point clubs towards areas in which they need to improve and the details of required improvement. How to achieve these is down to individual clubs.

It might be said that, in the future, the fine detail might be used for more rigorous rankings but I believe that is highly unlikely. The concentration is upon the headline competition and how to make it more attractive to enable greater commercial benefits. I reckon all clubs would like a bit of that.

• Like 1

First of all I do not do Facebook or X twitter so the only place I post is on here. The grading system is licensing in a new format. However the sport in general needs to get its act together or ultimately crumble. As an individual club any club where do you ultimately see yourselves in the future. How much finance and effort is any club prepared to put in? No where in this grading system have I seen points awarded for a car boot sale etc. Today’s grading illustrates that we are slightly above a National Conference club. Where do we go from here? 

1 hour ago, Blind side johnny said:

To a club like ours these rankings are fairly immaterial. The categorisations are currently the most important thing - if you are class A then you are in SL and cannot drop out, if you are class B then you can get into SL if there are places available, if you are class C then you can only play in the Championship or C1 as they are presently constituted. As a club I believe that we have no aspiration to be in SL so being restricted to Championship level fits in fine with our status.

What these rankings and the underlying criteria do achieve, however, is point clubs towards areas in which they need to improve and the details of required improvement. How to achieve these is down to individual clubs.

It might be said that, in the future, the fine detail might be used for more rigorous rankings but I believe that is highly unlikely. The concentration is upon the headline competition and how to make it more attractive to enable greater commercial benefits. I reckon all clubs would like a bit of that.

So basically we will just continue to plod along and make up the bottom section of the numbers cat C.

14 hours ago, SUPERSTUD said:

First of all I do not do Facebook or X twitter so the only place I post is on here. The grading system is licensing in a new format. However the sport in general needs to get its act together or ultimately crumble. As an individual club any club where do you ultimately see yourselves in the future. How much finance and effort is any club prepared to put in? No where in this grading system have I seen points awarded for a car boot sale etc. Today’s grading illustrates that we are slightly above a National Conference club. Where do we go from here? 

Up to 3 points are available for non-centralised turnover, which would include such as car boot, all-weather pitches etc.

A significant part of the grading system relates to on-field performance over the last three seasons. This is one area where we can improve significantly.

Key factors include "Fandom" which is strongly influenced by attendance - get the average above 1500 to enhance the score and increase social media interaction. You may not use SM but many people do, especially younger followers which we would hope to attract.

14 hours ago, SUPERSTUD said:

So basically we will just continue to plod along and make up the bottom section of the numbers cat C.

No, we should aspire to category B if only as some sort of assurance but also to maintain progress as a club: they know what needs to be done to achieve that. I don't think anyone with their feet on the ground would really say that we should aspire to SL, but maybe you disagree.

Edited by Blind side johnny

3 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

Up to 3 points are available for non-centralised turnover, which would include such as car boot, all-weather pitches etc.

A significant part of the grading system relates to on-field performance over the last three seasons. This is one area where we can improve significantly.

Key factors include "Fandom" which is strongly influenced by attendance - get the average above 1500 to enhance the score and increase social media interaction. You may not use SM but many people do, especially younger followers which we would hope to attract.

Fair response BSJ and appreciated. Genuinely happy to be educated regarding the non-centralised funding aspect. Regarding SM I would certainly utilise it in the future if it helped the club. 

On field performances and attendances tend to go hand in hand IMO. Team playing well hence generally more people turn up to watch. However performance generally comes with a price attached to it. In the main it relies on any club being prepared to invest in a quality squad. Some clubs are not prepared to do this. 

Love it or hate it the IMG grading system makes it clear to each club what is required to enable a club to achieve a better position within the overall table. Clubs have a choice. They either strive to improve or they remain static and possibly further down the line they don’t exist.

If it was to become a three league split at some point as it’s stands now we would be a League 1 club. Without wishing to be disrespectful there would not be many if any attractive fixtures and the associated finances would be dire.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

No, we should aspire to category B if only as some sort of assurance but also to maintain progress as a club: they know what needs to be done to achieve that. I don't think anyone with their feet on the ground would really say that we should aspire to SL, but maybe you disagree.

No I totally agree with you regarding SL. However cat B yes definitely. I am not expecting miracles but I would like to see us strive for it and not just sit back with a cat C status. I would like to add that I am not saying we are going to sit back because in all honesty I do not know. I am just stating what I would like to see. Things will no doubt become clearer in the future.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, SUPERSTUD said:

No I totally agree with you regarding SL. However cat B yes definitely. I am not expecting miracles but I would like to see us strive for it and not just sit back with a cat C status. I would like to add that I am not saying we are going to sit back because in all honesty I do not know. I am just stating what I would like to see. Things will no doubt become clearer in the future.

Indeed.

I hope that the club will soon be announcing a fan's forum at which many of these points might be addressed. If so I will be a very interested attendee.

I agree we as fans need to know what we scored in each category, so we can see which areas we can concentrate on to improve our rating. Some things are a no go E.g  spending limited resources on fancy electronic advertising around the perimeter. If the team is not on tv what is the point. There must be some things that can be done with little costs involved.