Jump to content

More positive NRL in the pacific news


Recommended Posts


  • 4 months later...

Not only Fiji, but the whole Pacific.

NRL 2024, Jersey Flegg, Kaiviti Silktails matches to be broadcast free to air into Pacific region, PacificAus TV | NRL.com

In a huge boost for rugby league in the Pacific region, all of the Kaiviti Silktails' 26 matches in the Jersey Flegg competition will be distributed by PacificAus TV in 2024  to over nine Free-to-Air broadcast channels across the Pacific, whilst FBC will be the exclusive free-to-air-broadcast-partner in Fiji.

Starting with this Saturday's clash against Wests Tigers at Lidcombe Oval, all of the Silktails' home and away matches will be shown on Free-to-Air channels across the Pacific, bringing more rugby league content to the region.

Silktails chairman Petero Civoniceva added: “This broadcast deal is not just a win for the Silktails as a club but a massive win for our code in Fiji.

“This broadcast deal will allow these young players to showcase their talents playing for the Silktails on television across the Pacific.

“On behalf of everyone at the Kaiviti Silktails a big Vinaka Vakalevu to all of the key stakeholders that have put this landmark deal together.”

 

 

Edited by The Rocket
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 08/03/2024 at 15:31, The Rocket said:

Not only Fiji, but the whole Pacific.

NRL 2024, Jersey Flegg, Kaiviti Silktails matches to be broadcast free to air into Pacific region, PacificAus TV | NRL.com

In a huge boost for rugby league in the Pacific region, all of the Kaiviti Silktails' 26 matches in the Jersey Flegg competition will be distributed by PacificAus TV in 2024  to over nine Free-to-Air broadcast channels across the Pacific, whilst FBC will be the exclusive free-to-air-broadcast-partner in Fiji.

Starting with this Saturday's clash against Wests Tigers at Lidcombe Oval, all of the Silktails' home and away matches will be shown on Free-to-Air channels across the Pacific, bringing more rugby league content to the region.

Silktails chairman Petero Civoniceva added: “This broadcast deal is not just a win for the Silktails as a club but a massive win for our code in Fiji.

“This broadcast deal will allow these young players to showcase their talents playing for the Silktails on television across the Pacific.

“On behalf of everyone at the Kaiviti Silktails a big Vinaka Vakalevu to all of the key stakeholders that have put this landmark deal together.”

 

 

I was confused by this post, what I was missing was:

The Silktails have moved from the Ron Massey Cup to the Jersey Flegg Cup this year.

I had hoped they were in both comps, but that would be very expensive.

Ron Massey Cup == NSW 2nd division (so 2 below NRL)

Jersey Flegg Cup == NSW Under 21s

I wonder if this is related to the supposed poor relationship between the Silktails and the Fijian RL.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, stookie said:

I was confused by this post, what I was missing was:

The Silktails have moved from the Ron Massey Cup to the Jersey Flegg Cup this year.

I had hoped they were in both comps, but that would be very expensive.

Ron Massey Cup == NSW 2nd division (so 2 below NRL)

Jersey Flegg Cup == NSW Under 21s

I wonder if this is related to the supposed poor relationship between the Silktails and the Fijian RL.

 

It’s the better move for me, more chance of producing NRL standard players from a younger age than having a team of mid 20 year olds competing in a 3rd tier competition.

It’s probably the same route the hunters should be going down as well.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, stookie said:

I was confused by this post, what I was missing was:

The Silktails have moved from the Ron Massey Cup to the Jersey Flegg Cup this year.

I had hoped they were in both comps, but that would be very expensive.

Ron Massey Cup == NSW 2nd division (so 2 below NRL)

Jersey Flegg Cup == NSW Under 21s

I wonder if this is related to the supposed poor relationship between the Silktails and the Fijian RL.

 

 

6 hours ago, going for the corner said:

It’s the better move for me, more chance of producing NRL standard players from a younger age than having a team of mid 20 year olds competing in a 3rd tier competition.

It’s probably the same route the hunters should be going down as well.

And that I believe is exactly why they have changed comps.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 months later...
Posted (edited)

I think we can expect to see a lot more stuff like this. A couple of kids signed from last year`s tour and a couple more this year. What a great opportunity to come over not only for the League opportunities but for the educational opportunities as well.  Great to see the girls` team do so well, winning all three of their matches.

NRL clubs eye Tongan talent as schools tour inspires participation explosion | NRL.com

Would be great if we could start to see the same sort of thing coming out of Ghana and wherever else your clubs have ties with.

 

 

 

Edited by The Rocket
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, The Rocket said:

I think we can expect to see a lot more stuff like this. A couple of kids signed from last year`s tour and a couple more this year. What a great opportunity to come over not only for the League opportunities but for the educational opportunities as well.  Great to see the girls` team do so well, winning all three of their matches.

NRL clubs eye Tongan talent as schools tour inspires participation explosion | NRL.com

Would be great if we could start to see the same sort of thing coming out of Ghana and wherever else your clubs have ties with.

 

 

 

To win the war with Rugby in the Pacific, a good part of it will be to have RL played in schools throughout the Pacific Isles.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, The Rocket said:

I think we can expect to see a lot more stuff like this. A couple of kids signed from last year`s tour and a couple more this year. What a great opportunity to come over not only for the League opportunities but for the educational opportunities as well.  Great to see the girls` team do so well, winning all three of their matches.

NRL clubs eye Tongan talent as schools tour inspires participation explosion | NRL.com

Would be great if we could start to see the same sort of thing coming out of Ghana and wherever else your clubs have ties with.

 

 

 

Just imagine if the whole Pacific region and places like adelaide and USA & Canada were serviced by all the NRL teams like Souhs are doing. The game would explode. 

As Rocket says SL teams could do something very similar in the embryonic leagues of Europe and Africa with a similar outcome. All SL teams need to see how Salford, of all clubs, have funded a development officer for Ghana.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, PaulF said:

Just imagine if the whole Pacific region and places like adelaide and USA & Canada were serviced by all the NRL teams like Souhs are doing. The game would explode. 

As Rocket says SL teams could do something very similar in the embryonic leagues of Europe and Africa with a similar outcome. All SL teams need to see how Salford, of all clubs, have funded a development officer for Ghana.

I don’t understand why Salford of all clubs would have any attention on funding a development officer there. It’s not like it’s Ghana result in any financial or playing strength.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.