13. Jahream Bula (Tigers) 35.748km/h

14. Blake Wilson (Bulldogs) 35.712km/h

15. Tyrell Sloan (Dragons) 35.676km/h

16. Herbie Farnworth (Broncos) 35.64km/h

17. Reuben Garrick (Sea Eagles) 35.64km/h

18. Fetalaiga Pauga (Roosters) 35.64km/h

19. Clinton Gutherson (Eels) 35.532km/h

20. Reece Walsh (Broncos) 35.46km/h

I don’t believe Sivo is third fastest, surprised he is in the top 10 to be honest.

Couple of points:

- you don't have to reach any specific speed as long as you're a couple of paces ahead of the guy chasing you.

- RL players don't need to reach top speed. Once they get through the line and they can reach the line before the defenders reach them, players generally ease off. There's no point blowing a hamstring just to make some point about reaching a specific speed.

- even the length-of-field tries are often a product of the defence being shot rather than the ball-carrier's speed.

I'm also surprised at Sivo's place.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Farmduck said:

Couple of points:

- you don't have to reach any specific speed as long as you're a couple of paces ahead of the guy chasing you.

- RL players don't need to reach top speed. Once they get through the line and they can reach the line before the defenders reach them, players generally ease off. There's no point blowing a hamstring just to make some point about reaching a specific speed.

- even the length-of-field tries are often a product of the defence being shot rather than the ball-carrier's speed.

Sivo is quick when he opens up. His problem is it takes him some time until he gets to that speed - he's slow accelerating, which makes him appear sluggish. Most of the other players are quick off the mark

8 hours ago, Graham said:

As well as opponents, age also catches up on players.

Addo-Carr 5th in 2023?

In the 2022 game against Titans he was recorded at 38.7 km/h which is just over 24 mph.

Addo-Carr at the Bulldogs has had far fewer chances to really extend himself at top speed than he did at the Storm. Plus he's had an injury this season and missed 8 weeks, so he's probably not been 100% all year.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

On 31/10/2023 at 12:12, Farmduck said:

Couple of points:

These top speeds are for the game as a whole and very often they are not with the ball in hand.  In fact a chase where you are trying to pull in a ball carrier is when a player hits their top speed.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris