AGM

HP Beans

On 16/11/2023 at 13:29, HP Beans said:

I think I read they were admitting a new board member.

Is it Ryan Reynolds??

• Haha 2

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

On 16/11/2023 at 13:29, HP Beans said:

Is there anybody on this forum attending tonight,if so can you report back please for those who cannot attend?

I think I read they were admitting a new board member.

Good to hear that. But one has to wonder the reason why 7 of the 9 male directors re-signed from the Board between Mar. 2022 and May 2023, leaving just 2 male (Steve and one other) and 1 female plus a 2nd female appointed in Mar. 2023, a total of 4, reduced from 10 in early 2022. This small number of directors and no new male appointments since May 2021, doesn't strike me as a healthy corporate situation. Are directors required to insert cash into the Club if necessary? I appreciate that Steve is upfront and open but it seems there must be lots going on behind the scenes re. both the Board and team recruitment efforts that the regular fan knows very little about. 

• Like 1

The lack of information about the AGM obviously means everyone was happy 🤣

Did those attending AGM count how few players were training 🤔 

It's not just about signings but lifting the existing squad moral. 

The training facilities are poor and pitch getting battered and trials for around 100 lasses tomorrow which is great but not for the pitch.  

Would love to hear some positives from AGM 😁

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Season Ticket Holders Meeting Wednesday 13th December 7pm in the MKM Marquee

There will be a season ticket holders meeting with the primary purpose to vote on the proposal of a new director, Jayne Stewart, to represent the season ticket holders following the request for applications last month.

All season ticket holders from the 2023 and 2024 seasons are entitled to attend and vote on a straight yes/no majority decision. 

There will also be a club update from the club chairman, Steve Neale, and team update from the head coach, Paul Crarey. Questions are then welcome from the floor.

• Like 1

On 07/12/2023 at 17:10, barra fan said:

Season Ticket Holders Meeting Wednesday 13th December 7pm in the MKM Marquee

There will be a season ticket holders meeting with the primary purpose to vote on the proposal of a new director, Jayne Stewart, to represent the season ticket holders following the request for applications last month.

All season ticket holders from the 2023 and 2024 seasons are entitled to attend and vote on a straight yes/no majority decision. 

There will also be a club update from the club chairman, Steve Neale, and team update from the head coach, Paul Crarey. Questions are then welcome from the floor.

It will be nice to have a new board member to represent the ST holders,good luck Jayne Stewart.

• Like 1

Finances and investments/sponsors were talked about. 

There is another lad in talks to be signed but not signed yet so they wouldn't give his name. 

Mentioned that a lot of the players have super league clauses in their contracts. So tee's payment was brought up, Steve said they had received the full amount from saints.

2 of the new members have moved into barrow. 

To help with energy cost the club are fitting solar with help from one of the Sponsors. 

Steve also said that there had been a good response from the sponsor consortium which could put us back up to the 2022 budget.

There is also a pot of money for loan players so they're are keeping the numbers small so the  current roster will get plenty of game time. And there is the opportunity there for us to have a duel reg. 

It was quite a disappointing turn out of season ticket holders. Think there was about 14-15 S.T holders there. 

All in all it was quite a positive meeting. The club have asked for volunteers help though so if any can help please approach the club. 

• Thanks 1