Is it the end of DOR

POR

Last year a newly created Director of Rugby role at Featherstone Rovers was set up with the aim of supporting  the Head Coach to prioritise on-field coaching and to support the club’s senior management with the administration and management of the club’s rugby operations

Apparently it was created because the club was  currently in a position to plan  extensively for the next phase in this club’s evolution both on and off the field.  enabling the coaching staff to continue to develop an exciting and successful brand of rugby and allowing the board more time to plan strategically for the club’s very exciting future.”

Obviously  we are tightening our belts this year  so would assume it will be the end of that project 

On the flip side by my reckoning it lasted one more game than Bastians famous stint as coach  :kolobok_grin:

It's obvious they appointed Fordy as coach to mitigate his DOR salary but if it to subsume under Ford's overall role as head coach why did we appoint him as DOR in the first place and not subsume it under Long's overall role as head coach 

Having listened to both Ford and Long talking, I know who I'd rather have talking to agents and players. If things had gone well and Long had taken us to SL, I think the plan was to use Ford in the same way Leigh have used Chris Chester for example.

But it may have been in the back of our chairman's mind that he wanted to get Ford on board as a plan B in case things didn't go well with Long. We were already showing signs of wobbles, knocked out of the cup and not convincing in every league game, and at the end of the season MC said he wished he had appointed Ford earlier as head coach.

21 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

MC said he wished he had appointed Ford earlier as head coach.

I know what MC said but if Fordy had still been at Wakey and not FEV's DOR would he have appointed him or got someone else in

3 minutes ago, POR said:

I know what MC said but if Fordy had still been at Wakey and not FEV's DOR would he have appointed him or got someone else in

He would have appointed him if he was available in my opinion. He tried to get Ford to come to Fev a few years ago, and then he created a new role earlier this year to get him to Fev.

53 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

He would have appointed him if he was available in my opinion. He tried to get Ford to come to Fev a few years ago, and then he created a new role earlier this year to get him to Fev.

And that's why we all love FEV nothing is written in stone 

Sean Long always seems to manage to easily pick up work. Really nice guy, but didn’t really think that he ever spoke that well, and didn’t impress me. Maybe his expertise is in the coaching, although even then, we didn’t really ever play that well despite admittedly winning most weeks.

I have 2 degrees and over 40 years management experience. I have followed Rovers since 1938. I was told that I wasn't wanted. I was voulnteering, (no salary), but no interest shown. Leave it with them. Still waiting for my season ticket. Stil got my dedications from the Joint Supporters club. and the photo of me as a director holding a medal as I have done active army service. Nearly 90 so nobody wants to know me. All the best. 

14 hours ago, jamescolin said:

Does anybody know what Moris kAMANO really weighs. Big lad but havent't found out his weight. Jusy trying to work out our pack size. 

James,

I have not been able to find out Mo's weight online either.

In relation to the "joking" on the other thread about eye colour, etc. was all a bit of a ###### take and not directed at you. 

BTW for me I don't care how much Mo weighs, what I want to know is how will put him self into each tackle, how he will carry the ball and can he offload safely. We have had plenty of players in the past that have the size and weight, but have never been able to apply that to their game and we have had other players that have been what you might call on the small side that have out performed players that are bigger. A player's heart is much more important in my opinion.

• Like 4

I'm sure I'll think of something funny to say soon.

2 hours ago, The Grinder said:

BTW for me I don't care how much Mo weighs, what I want to know is how will put him self into each tackle, how he will carry the ball and can he offload safely. 

According to Love Rugby League G

Featherstone Rovers boss James Ford recruits ‘powerful prop’ 

• 4 weeks later...