Bookies

DEANO

17 minutes ago, DEANO said:

Only have us as mid table at 28-1

Definitely not a top 4 team at the moment,but if we can add a couple of forwards before the season starts i i can't see why we can't be challenging for the top 4.

• Like 2

I think we're been underestimated. We do lack size in the forwards and another big lad would be great, but for what we lack in size we more than make up with skill, speed and effort.

Hendo likes to play fast open rugby and we have the players to do that now.

We could struggle in an arm wrestle on a wet heavy pitch early in the season but once it drys out I think we'll be good and take a few teams apart.

I'm expecting top 6 but if we can get off to a good start and maybe add a couple of big forwards early on then top 4 is a real possibility. 

I'm feeling pretty optimistic and think this is the best squad we've had for quite a while.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, rich f said:

I think we're been underestimated. We do lack size in the forwards and another big lad would be great, but for what we lack in size we more than make up with skill, speed and effort.

Hendo likes to play fast open rugby and we have the players to do that now.

We could struggle in an arm wrestle on a wet heavy pitch early in the season but once it drys out I think we'll be good and take a few teams apart.

I'm expecting top 6 but if we can get off to a good start and maybe add a couple of big forwards early on then top 4 is a real possibility. 

I'm feeling pretty optimistic and think this is the best squad we've had for quite a while.

We haven’t really lost any players from last year and added loads of depth including 3 players who could still comfortably be playing SL. We’ve also recruited one of SL’s best ever attacking halfbacks as assistant coach. 

So if we don’t improve by at least by 3 league places from last season which we were proper bobbins for 50% of and still finished 6th, then it’ll be a failure in my eyes. 

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

1 hour ago, Simon Hall said:

We haven’t really lost any players from last year and added loads of depth including 3 players who could still comfortably be playing SL. We’ve also recruited one of SL’s best ever attacking halfbacks as assistant coach. 

So if we don’t improve by at least by 3 league places from last season which we were proper bobbins for 50% of and still finished 6th, then it’ll be a failure in my eyes. 

I do tend to agree. Should have said at the very minimum top 6 but im really expecting this squad to be a strong top 4 looking up . The only thing that slightly worries me is heavy pitches at the start of the season where everything's down the middle and its a battle in mud. Get through that then there isn't really any reason why we can't be challenging right at the top. Everything is pretty much set up for a very good season. It's strange the bookies have us so low down.

I know other clubs have recruited some good players for this season, but at the end of the day it is how well they play together as a team, a few years ago we too had a load of so called stars but they played for themselves not as a team and we suffered. Hopefully we will see the same spirit this coming season as we did last with the guys going out there as one. Batley, over the years, have been exactly like that, on paper nothing special, but on the pitch each and everyone of them fought for each other and it showed. I think Hendo and Clint have done a good job of bringing in people who are a good fit for the club. Can’t wait.

• Like 6

Here you go Skybet

Wakefield Trinity 2/7

Toulouse Olympique 10/1

Featherstone Rovers 12/1

Bradford Bulls 14/1

Halifax Panthers 16/1

Sheffield Eagles 25/1

Widnes Vikings 25/1

York City Knights 25/1

Batley Bulldogs 33/1

Doncaster RLFC 40/1