London in Super League practicalities

N2022

Hi everyone, I'm hoping some of you can help with practicalities. London's games in Super League? Would love to go as I enjoyed the Rhinos and RLWC games we saw when living in Leeds, but want it to be an enjoyable experience. Will games have any atmosphere, some fixtures more or less than others? Where to sit etc? Thank you.

Based on previous Super League games at Broncos, Leeds, Wigan, Warrington, Saints and the two Hull clubs will bring a large away following and make for a good atmosphere. Cas too, perhaps.

As for where to sit, if you want behind-the-sticks action then it has to be the south stand safe standing terrace.

Side-on, most people are going in the east stand where the food park thing is.

Thanks, both of you. Helpful to know. Will look to get to a game or two, and might be interesting to see how they fare against Catalans early in the season, even though I guess - unless there's a big push to get the French expat community interested - there won't be much away following.

On 25/12/2023 at 10:46, Coggo said:

Based on previous Super League games at Broncos, Leeds, Wigan, Warrington, Saints and the two Hull clubs will bring a large away following and make for a good atmosphere. Cas too, perhaps.

As for where to sit, if you want behind-the-sticks action then it has to be the south stand safe standing terrace.

Side-on, most people are going in the east stand where the food park thing is.

This is assuming they open all the stands

I'm expecting only 2 stands to be open TBH.  One side and one behind the sticks

11 hours ago, N2022 said:

Thanks, both of you. Helpful to know. Will look to get to a game or two, and might be interesting to see how they fare against Catalans early in the season, even though I guess - unless there's a big push to get the French expat community interested - there won't be much away following.

Correct 

On 26/12/2023 at 22:50, Coggo said:

Correct 

One plus for Broncos, especially given how long it would take me to get in from Hertfordshire, is that they have a few weekend mid-afternoon games lined up in the spring. As per my previous gripes about Rhinos, our nearest club when we were up north, Headingley has no 3pm starts before June...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, N2022 said:

One plus for Broncos, especially given how long it would take me to get in from Hertfordshire, is that they have a few weekend mid-afternoon games lined up in the spring. As per my previous gripes about Rhinos, our nearest club when we were up north, Headingley has no 3pm starts before June...

There's a couple of premier inns in walking distance. I'm going to stay over for the catalans game on the Friday night.

While the Broncos have confirmed that all games will be played at Plough Lane this year. I cannot think IMG believe 8.00pm kick off's are a good idea for a club unique in having a regional following rather than its supporter base mainly living within a 10 mile radius of the ground.

You should nver have to book an overnight stay for a home game.

Last time London was in Super League, there was some debate as to whether a night game at Barnet FC against Catalans broke the four figure mark. Given what's happened since, a record low super league crowd may be in the offing...

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

On 02/01/2024 at 16:25, N2022 said:

St Albans (Hertfordshire) straight to Haydons Road, perfect, then 10mins walk. Only been a couple of times but other than one way 90mins, its an ok experience, IF the team are competing.

Just checked on the SKY website and London Broncos do not feature in any matches up to July that are not Red button or streaming.

Which says something that is not positive.

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

2 hours ago, Magic XIII said:

St Albans (Hertfordshire) straight to Haydons Road, perfect, then 10mins walk. Only been a couple of times but other than one way 90mins, its an ok experience, IF the team are competing.

Thanks, Magic, that's helpful to know. I thought the Thames link we took from St Albans to West Hampstead for cricket at Lord's would pass somewhere nearish Wimbledon as it was going on to Brighton, but wasn't quite sure exactly where.

21 hours ago, THE RED ROOSTER said:

Just checked on the SKY website and London Broncos do not feature in any matches up to July that are not Red button or streaming.

Which says something that is not positive.

Says their involvement in SL this year is pointless from the IMG perspective for 2025, and as a result, the squad they have assembled has no recognisable w/class talent that folk will tune in to watch.

52 minutes ago, Magic XIII said:

Says their involvement in SL this year is pointless from the IMG perspective for 2025, and as a result, the squad they have assembled has no recognisable w/class talent that folk will tune in to watch.

I'll be following their season. Probably out of curiosity. Love an underdog.

• Like 1