Clubs printing programmes in 2024

Posted (edited)

Couple of updates from the weekend:

Championship club York's programme is a 40-pager for £3. Available in the club shop and from a seller outside the east stand turnstiles. Staff in the club shop told me only 100 are printed.

NCL 2024 newcomers Distington offer an all-colour eight-pager, included with their £3 admission charge. Distington were reliable issuers in their Cumberland League days.

Edited by Hopping Mad

• 2 weeks later...

• 3 weeks later...

You do a great job Hopping Mad but I really don't think anybody cares about collecting programmes any more. I still won't go to a game unless I can buy a printed programme, even though I've started to give my collection away. It's hard work finding people to take them to be honest and I still have about 6,000 left. I'm really happy with the people who have taken them though. Quite a few former players had had some with their names in and I have managed to help 3 or 4 genuine collectors.

• Like 1

On 13/05/2024 at 12:13, Celtic Roosters said:

You do a great job Hopping Mad but I really don't think anybody cares about collecting programmes any more. I still won't go to a game unless I can buy a printed programme, even though I've started to give my collection away. It's hard work finding people to take them to be honest and I still have about 6,000 left. I'm really happy with the people who have taken them though. Quite a few former players had had some with their names in and I have managed to help 3 or 4 genuine collectors.

That's very generous of you CR.

It must have been a wrench to break up your collection.

The whole hobby is dying/dead which is very sad.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, marklaspalmas said:

That's very generous of you CR.

It must have been a wrench to break up your collection.

The whole hobby is dying/dead which is very sad.

The first one I gave away was Celtic Crusaders .v. Brisbane Broncos, and I also gave away the commemorative shirt that I bought at the match as well (My brother took them back to Australia with him and will make sure they go to a genuine Brisbane fan). That was difficult because I had collected programmes from every match Celtic Crusaders ever played home and away. Once I had broke up that collection it got easier. Knowing how much the people that have taken them, appreciate them, helps. One guy did send me a cheque for £25 which was a great surprise. I just want them gone now. I have kept one Celtic Crusaders programme because i wrote an article in it. I have also kept 1 Swinton programme from each of the seasons that I wrote the amateur page for them. Most of, what I would call, unusual and rare programmes have gone now but still got hundreds from each club and amateurs. Thank you for your kind remarks.

• Like 1

Leigh East are now issuing again. They produced a 12 page colour programme for the Milford game yesterday. £3 with admission. Seaton issued a 4 page programme v Milford £3 with admission.Skirlaugh produced a colour glossy team sheet v Hull Dockers £3 with admission. A4 two sided with teams, notes and league tables.Milford hope to resume a programme on 1st June v Hensingham. 8 pages by donation.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

The 27-page digital programme (free to download) issued by Anglian Vipers for a 1/6 visit to Wymondham by East Rugby League Premier Division rivals Bedford Tigers 'A'.

https://online.fliphtml5.com/spifr/efyv/?fbclid=IwZXh0bgNhZW0CMTAAAR1-7j7Cj3TcrLAUqP-PL3VEcNZgz6boA8Mo6HE0Rys_koyILxtCbE5LlSM_aem_AWYGTkkbxbJrpVVsm5B06qK0q-Wcm7HgoSsziTUDXZp_Wf7sZh5_9W04I-9Eq3DePwChMRyROFAfz_KWXpK6qa0v#p=1

Edited by Hopping Mad

Posted (edited)

Supporters of Super League Catalans have been producing eight-page, unofficial, printed programmes this season. No price on the cover. Copies are being sold on ebay.co.uk.

Edited by Hopping Mad

Posted (edited)

The printed programme, covering the three main games - men's and women's Challenge Cup, and 1895 Cup - at Saturday's (8/6) Wembley Stadium Finals Day, has been put together by Curtis Sport. Described as a limited edition. Available, for a tenner, through curtis-sport.com.

https://www.curtis-sport.com/online-store/2024-Betfred-Challenge-Cup-Final-Warrington-Wolves-v-Wigan-Warriors-p661686737

Edited by Hopping Mad

I've just given away 146 Challenge cup final and semi-final programmes back to 1948! I only buy them from games I go to now and I have not been to Wembley for the Challenge cup final since it was rigged for only the elite clubs to win it.

Toulouse did an excellent 24 page printed programme for the recent home game v Barrow that was free with admission. Wakefield did a colour printed team sheet for the 1895 cup game against Barrow. Workington did a colour team sheet for the 1895 cup game against Barrow, both were free. Sheffield did an on line team sheet that was free to down load against Barrow as well as an excellent printed programme.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 16/06/2024 at 08:52, Hopping Mad said:

22/6 update (any help filling the blanks and/or corrections appreciated):

Super League/Challenge Cup

Printed programme: Catalans (8pp, price n/k, unofficial, supporter-produced), Leeds (48pp, £4, 250 for sale on matchday, £75 season subscription and £4+P&P individual match copies through Ignition Sports Media), Leigh (68pp, £3.50, individual match copies through MatchDayCreative), Warrington (32pp, £70 season subscription and £3+P&P individual match copies through Ignition Sports Media), Wigan (76pp, £4, individual match copies through MatchDayCreative).

Digital programme: Leeds (48pp, free, available only to 2024 club members), Leigh (through MatchDayCreative), London (scan a barcode at the stadium), St Helens ('Saints and Proud', free to download via zeeon.co.uk), Warrington (32pp, free), Wigan (76pp, £3, PDF, through MatchDayCreative).

Printed magazine: Castleford ('Roar', £2, monthly, in-season only).

Printed teamsheet: London (free, available from the club shop), Salford (available from the stadium's main reception).

Nothing: Huddersfield, Hull FC, Hull KR.

Note: a £5 printed programme was produced, by Curtis Sport, to cover both the Challenge Cup semi-final double-headers at Doncaster (18/5) and at St Helens (19/5). Available via curtis-sport.com.

Note: a £10 printed programme was produced, by Curtis Sport, to cover the three main games at the 8/6 Wembley Stadium Challenge Cup and 1895 Cup Finals Day. Available via curtis-sport.com.

Championship/1895 Cup/Challenge Cup

Printed programme: Barrow (£2), Sheffield (£3), Swinton (£3), Toulouse (24pp, free), York (40pp, £3, Championship games only, with a 100-copy print run).

Digital programme: Bradford (26pp, free to download, from the club's socials), York (Championship and 1895 Cup, free to download, via QR codes at the stadium).

Printed teamsheet: Batley (available only in hospitality), Bradford (free, available from the stadium bars), Dewsbury (free, from the club office), Doncaster (free, available, from 2pm, in the stadium restaurant and on the concourse), Featherstone (free), Widnes (free), Wakefield (free).

Digital teamsheet: Sheffield (free).

Nothing: Halifax.

To be confirmed: Whitehaven.

League One/1895 Cup/Challenge Cup

Printed programme: Midlands ('The Eye of the Storm', 32pp, included with £10 admission, available also via curtis-sport.com).

Printed magazine: North Wales ('The Crusader', £2, issued erratically, available from the stadium fanzone).

Printed teamsheet: Hunslet (free), Keighley (free, available from the club shop), Rochdale (available only in hospitality), Workington (free).

Digital magazine: Keighley ('Pride', monthly, 26pp, free), North Wales ('The Crusader', £2, issued erratically).

Nothing: Cornwall, Newcastle, Oldham.

Note: for the 17/3 League One game with Cornwall, Keighley printed 40 copies of their monthly magazine (a digital version was offered also), but they were available only in hospitality. It seems printed copies of 'Pride' can be reserved, for non-hospitality attendees, by emailing the club.

Note: for the 24/3 League One game with Hunslet, Rochdale issued a one-off printed programme (32pp, £3) in memory of their late player, director and chairman, Peter Rush.

World Club Challenge @ Wigan

Printed programme: £8 (copies through MatchDayCreative).

Pre-Season Friendlies

Printed programme: Leeds (32pp, £3, copies through Ignition Sports Media).

Printed teamsheet: Bradford (free, available from club shop and tea bars), Doncaster (free, available, from 2pm, in stadium restaurant and on the concourse), Featherstone (free).

Testimonials

Printed programme: James Donaldson, Leeds v Hull KR, 4/2/24 (32pp, £3, through Ignition Sports Media).

Printed brochure: Scott Taylor, Hull FC (£5).

Amateurs

Challenge Cup

Printed programme: Clock Face (24pp, £1), Doncaster Toll Bar (8pp, £3, w/a), Fryston (4pp, £1), Leigh MR (£3, w/a), Lock Lane (8pp, 50p), Lowca (4pp, £3, w/a), Orrell St James (8pp, £1), Royal Air Force (4pp, free).

Printed teamsheet: Stanningley (£4, w/a), Thatto Heath (free, colour).

Digital programme: Royal Navy (7pp, free), Thatto Heath (16pp, free).

National Conference League

Printed programme: Clock Face (24pp, £1), Dewsbury Celtic, Dewsbury Moor (24pp, £2.50, w/a), Distington (8pp, £3, w/a), Egremont (12pp, £3, w/a), Ellenborough (£3, w/a), Hensingham (£3, w/a), Heworth, Hunslet (26pp, £2), Leigh East (12pp, £3, w/a), Leigh Miners (£3, w/a), Lock Lane (8pp, 50p), Milford (8pp, donation), Millom, Pilkington (£3, w/a), Seaton (4pp, £3, w/a), Stanningley (£1), Thornhill (16pp, £2), Wath Brow (16pp, £3, w/a), Wigan St Patrick's (£3, w/a), York Acorn (12pp, £3, w/a).

Printed teamsheet: Skirlaugh (A4, £3, w/a).

Digital programme: Egremont (free to download, post-match, from the club's socials), Hunslet (available, free, via the club's socials, usually the day before the game), Normanton (20pp, free to download, from the club's socials), Oulton (39pp, free to download, from the club's socials), Thatto Heath (16pp, free to download, from the club's socials), West Bowling (9pp, downloadable, free, via the club's socials or from QR codes at the Horsfall Stadium turnstiles or in the clubhouse), Woolston (33pp, free to download, from the club's socials).

Nothing: Barrow Island, Bentley, Beverley, Crosfields, Drighlington, East Leeds, Featherstone Lions, Hull Dockers, Ince, Kells, Myton, Oldham SA, Rochdale Mayfield, Saddleworth (although they are considering a digital issue), Shaw Cross, Siddal, Waterhead, West Hull, Wigan St Judes.

Note: a printed programme was issued, at Boundary Park, Oldham, for the 30/3 final of the Standard Cup.

Regional Leagues

Printed programme: Askam (8pp), Bramley (28pp, £2), Lowca (4pp).

Digital programme: Anglian Vipers (27pp, free to download).

Nothing (confirmed, will apply to almost all): Birmingham, Doncaster Toll Bar, Dudley Hill, Eastern Rhinos, Edinburgh, Forth Valley, Glasgow, Haresfinch, Mirfield, Moldgreen, Scarborough, South Wales, Upton, West Craven.

Women

Super League

Digital programme: York (free to download, via QR codes, at the stadium).

Nothing: Warrington.

To be confirmed: Barrow, Featherstone, Huddersfield, Leeds, St Helens, Wigan.

Been to 3 Workington games this season and it's been hit and miss. One team sheet out of the 3 games. Was in hospitality for all 3 games as well!

• Thanks 1

F T Q

Celtic FC - SPL winners 2012/13

On 06/06/2024 at 10:04, Celtic Roosters said:

I've just given away 146 Challenge cup final and semi-final programmes back to 1948! I only buy them from games I go to now and I have not been to Wembley for the Challenge cup final since it was rigged for only the elite clubs to win it.

One of the elite clubs has always won it.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"