Former Wigan Warriors youngster joins the Oldham revolution in League One

4 hours ago, Roughyed Rats said:

Full credit to him. Turned down a guaranteed deal with Hairnets and backed himself to be part of the revolution at BP. Thought he looked really lively at Keighley and has clearly impressed the coaching staff. 

I agree with you that he looked good at kieghley, could be a really good signing. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Anita Bath said:

You wont be disappointed…until he leaves (speaking from experience).

Anita, 

Do you ever hear of my late father inlaw who used to play for the hornets,he was called Tommy Turner a prop who played in the 60's and was there when the first fijians came, they came to see one time when he had the Manor pub, great lad's, and then a lot later on my nephew barrie mac signed for owdam. 

29 minutes ago, Anita Bath said:

Afraid not wozzer. No record of any first team appearance…though he might have been in the A team. There was a kevin Turner played in centres in late 50s pre the Fijian invasion.

Thanks for letting me know, 👍

16 hours ago, wozzeryedhead said:

Anita, 

Do you ever hear of my late father inlaw who used to play for the hornets,he was called Tommy Turner a prop who played in the 60's and was there when the first fijians came, they came to see one time when he had the Manor pub, great lad's, and then a lot later on my nephew barrie mac signed for owdam. 

Hi Wozzeryedhead

Following this post I have a feeling I know who you are and, if I'm right, you worked at Park Cake Bakeries at the Borough Mill site.

Tony Mac

If you’re going through hell, keep going – Winston Churchill

17 minutes ago, Tony Mac said:

Hi Wozzeryedhead

Following this post I have a feeling I know who you are and, if I'm right, you worked at Park Cake Bakeries at the Borough Mill site.

That's right pal,with you and Tony meekin, when you was transport supervisor's, ged sherlock was my manager up there, 😀👍

On 17/01/2024 at 19:05, m brooksy said:

He's class this lad. Might not get a start straight away because of how good Rawsthorne and Mo are on the wing but I think once he gets his chance he'll take it.

Agree, he's quick off the mark, has good feet and a brave runner, I think he'll be more involved than others think 

• Like 1

On 19/01/2024 at 09:43, wozzeryedhead said:

That's right pal,with you and Tony meekin, when you was transport supervisor's, ged sherlock was my manager up there, 😀👍

Good days!!

Tony Mac

If you’re going through hell, keep going – Winston Churchill