Broncos boss adamant they can overcome IMG body blow

5 hours ago, Andy JG said:

Broncos need a Prince Charming to rescue them from the evils of IMG grading. 

They've had one for 25 years, unfortunately he's not stood and delivered any meaningful club infrastructure and just blown his wedge on first team players. 🤣

On 07/02/2024 at 12:20, Worzel said:

They've had one for 25 years, unfortunately he's not stood and delivered any meaningful club infrastructure and just blown his wedge on first team players. 🤣

If the IMG gradings don't encourage Mr Hughes to start doing this now I don't know what will 😅

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Was The Hive ever any good for London? I note Barnet FC are planning on returning to Underhill and i imagine the stadium will be lookin for a new tenant. Perhaps its somewhere they can start to put down roots. I read they're paying a fair whack to be at Wimbledon. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PREPOSTEROUS said:

Was The Hive ever any good for London? I note Barnet FC are planning on returning to Underhill and i imagine the stadium will be lookin for a new tenant. Perhaps its somewhere they can start to put down roots. I read they're paying a fair whack to be at Wimbledon. 

Always got the vibe it was a bit soulless, AJ Bell style. A record crowd of just over 2000 and it coinciding with the worst London Broncos side probably didn't help though.

2 hours ago, PREPOSTEROUS said:

On the plus side it's a short walk from a tube station and 5 minutes from the M1, so quite accessible for both London and Northern fans. The area itself isn't prime audience building territory, but staying anywhere for more than a couple of years and not putting out an awful team probably matters more.

It wouldn't be the worst option if Hughes/anyone else wanted to put together a proper multi-year plan.

3 hours ago, PREPOSTEROUS said:

It’s as good a ground as any London RL club aspiring a settled life in the SL could want for the next 30 years.

It’s almost equidistant from the M25 as it is from the North Circular for drivers with a pretty close tube station. It’s not the farthest place in the world to be fair and with a tube stop on the Jubilee only 12 stops (22-25mins) from Baker St. 

Modern facilities with training pitches surrounding and a good distance from League football clubs to build their own local profile over time.