Match Thread: 1895 Cup Fev

Great game, as they usually are against Fev. Our defensive fortitude was outstanding, defenending set after set. Had everything today and even the crowd played its part winding up Reynolds & Minikin lol

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

Good result for you lot. Better start saving up for another trip down South.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

I thought we were brilliant today 1-16 

I thought we defended our line class but took its toll when we did get the ball as we looked tired but I thought we looked miles fitter than previous seasons 

pack was outstanding as were white & woods imo best game in a Batley shirt for me 

Butterworth was decent at the back too apart from his first error 

Tried very hard to find up to date tables, RFL site is shocking, theg even have Widnes (0 points) as qualifiers even though Swinton have one both games!

Qualified Group 1 Barrow.                         Group 2 Keighley to play Bradford both can qualify.                                                Group 3 Thunder to play Trinity, Trinity win, they qualify, York will have best points difference for 8th spot.                   Group 4 Oldham play Rochdale, Oldham win they qualify.                           Group 5 Hunslet v Batley. We win, we qualify, Hunslet win Fev qualify.               Qualified Group 6 Swinton.                      Group 7 Midlands v Eagles. Eagles win they qualify.

Great showing from all the lads. Not a day for flashy stuff, just grind and slog it out war of attrition stuff. Thought our halfbacks controlled the game, pushing the plays around the park well. Clearly frustration at not being able to break us down easily got to some of the Fev players, but that comes from our defensive fortitude. Let's see if we can do it again in a couple of weeks time in the League fixture.